Forums

I don't trust my engine! Italian Game...

Sort:
cinta76

I played this line as black against the Italian opening and my SCID engine (Phalanx) seemed to think I didn't make any mistakes up to the point shown below. Isn't black's lack of king safety enough to suggest that my move order was wrong? Is the engine wrong? How could I have played this better?

TetsuoShima

you could have played h6 before d6. you could have played bishop to  b4 and then take on c3 if he playes a3 or bishop g5.  Mostly the engines are correct but engines need long to analyse, but for me white is winning but i could be wrong though

TetsuoShima

also you should have i think. im not an expert played d6 before castling, usually the rule is a pin is only strong when castled

cinta76

I try to follow opening guidelines like never move a piece twice, get your king to safety, stuff like that, but it just didn't work in this scenario. What is strange is that Phalanx (2200 strength) didn't offer me any alternative moves?!

cinta76

Thanks pfren :) 

Next time I'm holidaying in Santorini can I hit you up for a game? I love it there. My favourite was walking the empty alleyways of Oia at first light while everyone was still sleeping.

I digress. Will definitely try d6 in future before castling and h6 to evict the bishop.