Forums

I Love Openings

Sort:
ItsEoin

Would that I had played COD instead of chess!

TetsuoShima

yeah kalashnikov is pretty cool i heard it has the best duration and you can do everything with it, but personally im more interested in sniper guns.

Erik15

Who like playing A-00 ? a unsual 1st move like b4 a4 a3 Na3 ? :)

ItsEoin

I hate screwy first moves like that. I've only ever played 1. e4 or 1. Nf3. Used to quite like the KIA

ElvisFord

I can never get to the Kalashnikov. I've been playing the Sicilian and bought a book on it, (Kalashnikov) but I always get the closed variation 2.Nc3 instead of Nf3 from white. Might have to start a thematic to play it, lol.

DrSpudnik
Erik15 wrote:

Who like playing A-00 ? a unsual 1st move like b4 a4 a3 Na3 ? :)

That stuff is usually such pointless nonsense that the initiative in the game can be easily grabbed by Black. I find that many low-rated players try to pull these things out of nowhere to stump you and take you out of book lines. But when you are out of book lines, the advantage goes to the stronger player.

lagenese1

I play about 1500 blitz per year on the net. I do not study openings anymore because theory is always evolving. I prefer to use the same systems as white and as black. Always 1- e4 because i like to play open games. Against e4, i always  use the caro-kan  and against d4, i try to defend with all the Benoni systems. I sorta like complications and i often get into street fights because of my tendancy to be on the tight rope all the time. Smile

ItsEoin
ElvisFord wrote:

I can never get to the Kalashnikov. I've been playing the Sicilian and bought a book on it, (Kalashnikov) but I always get the closed variation 2.Nc3 instead of Nf3 from white. Might have to start a thematic to play it, lol.

That's exactly what I did (well I joined one, but the same idea) to get some experience with the Sveshnikov, haha. Crazy, crazy line.