x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

I'm 1520 fide and losing because the opening

While I think that it is extremely important to develop well from the opening, but if you don't play well tactically, or with a good strategy, once the opening is over, knowing an opening well, won't save you from losing. I personally think your tactical ability is lagging behind your rating range. I also don't recommend fast chess as means of exercise for learning. Rapid is as fast as I would go and truthfully recommend slower time controls for learning.

Lawkeito wrote:

I followed until now the advice to avoid study specific opening because they are not suposed to have a big impact in my level.

But when I face the taimanov sicilian, the french and the caro khan I end in a very dificulty situation in 6-9 moves, in pressure and, because of it, there are only tactics for the other player. I don't get any oportunity to attack, use my pieces and stuff like that.

what opening books should I read in this level ?

I'm thinking in "how to play the sicilian defence", "dismantling the sicilian" and "mastering the french".

I stil didnt find any book that explain caro ideas.

Seems to me that you need to improve your tactics if your in difficulties after 6-9 moves, doesn’t matter what opening you face. Books on openings won’t teach you this.

Its the same old game ...

Thank you for your tips, I started yesterday a new training in tactics with the step method. I will only study some ideas in the openings (and after the tactic training program) not concrete variants for now.

Lawkeito wrote:

I followed until now the advice to avoid study specific opening because they are not suposed to have a big impact in my level.

But when I face the taimanov sicilian, the french and the caro khan I end in a very dificulty situation in 6-9 moves, in pressure and, because of it, there are only tactics for the other player. I don't get any oportunity to attack, use my pieces and stuff like that.

what opening books should I read in this level ?

I'm thinking in "how to play the sicilian defence", "dismantling the sicilian" and "mastering the french".

I stil didnt find any book that explain caro ideas.

The games i looked at where you lost, have nothing to do with the opening.  Youre missing simple tactics, and hanging pieces.

Online Now