Forums

Is the Sicilian an innacuracy?

Sort:
IOliveira

The computer analysis of chess.com surprised me by calling 1...c5 an innacuracy in one of my games and recomending the Scandianvian (1...d5) as the best response to 1.e4.

Go figure!

MSC157

No, it isn't. Laughing 
Remember Kasparov's words: "Computers are stupid!" Wink

LoveYouSoMuch

out of everything, the scandinavian? the analyzer must be getting old and crazy...

just a few days ago its alternative to the "inaccurate" sicilian was the french :<

IOliveira
LoveYouSoMuch wrote:

out of everything, the scandinavian? the analyzer must be getting old and crazy...

just a few days ago its alternative to the "inaccurate" sicilian was the french :<

So it happened to you too? The fact that it keeps changing the "best" second move makes it even weirder.

Scottrf

Even Houdini gives 4. Ba4 as an inaccuracy.

Computers can't evaluate openings well, it's why they are given opening books.

MSC157
Scottrf wrote:

Even Houdini gives 4. Ba4 as an inaccuracy.

Computers can't evaluate openings well, it's why they are given opening books.

P.S: He's talking about Ruy Lopez Cool

Scottrf

Oops, yes I am!

IOliveira

Well, so it is 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 and than Houdini sugests the only good move is the trade, right? Incredible!

I agree with MSC157, computers are kind of stupid with openings. We shouldn't let them trying to figure out the best first move, as they would calculate endless possible lines and find no solution. 

So, the real question is: Why did chess.com enable the computer to make comments on book openings? It makes no sense.

I remember I used this device more often before, and it didn't analysed until it got out of the book

ThrillerFan

Maybe I'm the next Houdini.  I think 1.e4 is an error!

fburton

Arguably, the Sicilian has been the most effective inaccuracy in the history of chess.

KvothDuval

Lol i love the scicilian and so do alot of other people SO SHUT UP COMPUTER!!!

JamieKowalski

Some computers are worse than others. The chess.com analysis computer needs serious work.

DiogenesDue

Computers are not stupid, and cannot be stupid, any more than a toaster or a screwdriver could be called stupid.  People that program computers can be, however.

IOliveira
Victor-Servranckx wrote:

Just do not tell a sicilian or he will stab you. And do not look at his daughter.

The Godfather?

plutonia
Victor-Servranckx wrote:

Just do not tell a sicilian or he will stab you. And do not look at his daughter.

you're only envious because the belgian defence is 2...b6?! in the King's gambit.

IOliveira
plutonia wrote:
Victor-Servranckx wrote:

you're only envious because the belgian defence is 2...b6?! in the King's gambit.

Well, at least there is a  Belgian defence. I am struggling to find a Brazilian one.