KID players,do you like playing against the four pawn attack?

MasterOfNinjas
topj wrote:

I know, he thinks that everything he plays is superior or ''the best'' and @DaBigOne i agree with you the KID is played by many leading GM's and juniors

Very true, Jake. I think you'll fine a lot of juniors like to deal with 1.d4 with the KID. I find lots of people play the KID against me

Sith_Nazgul

If you actually read not skim my articles, you'll find some reasoning in their exactly like yours and one that you might agree with (unless you disagree with yourself ??). Insulting is no a solution.SmileBtw, if I'm rubbish make the game challenge RATED SO I CAN LAUGH EVEN MORE WHEN I WIN.

Sith_Nazgul

Also, there's blue writing called variations this may sound unfamiliar but c5 and e5 are in these brackets of blue writing. check those out!Laughing

atarw
Rookrager wrote:

The Samisch kills.

Actually, the Samisch is my most hoped for line, besides the Mer del Plata.

atarw
Rookrager wrote:

Also, there's blue writing called variations this may sound unfamiliar but c5 and e5 are in these brackets of blue writing. check those out!

I know, but the thing is, your move of Re8, I don't think its a main line move, e5, c5, or Nc6 should be one of them.

atarw
Rookrager wrote:

If you actually read not skim my articles, you'll find some reasoning in their exactly like yours and one that you might agree with (unless you disagree with yourself ??). Insulting is no a solution.Btw, if I'm rubbish make the game challenge RATED SO I CAN LAUGH EVEN MORE WHEN I WIN.

I'm not insulting, but if you think that, consider this. A player from chess.com with a rating of 1800 ish, is tearing down the fortress of the KID, which was built to last since the 1940's JUST, because he says so. The Samisch isn't terrible for White, but it isn't a refute of the KID either. And about the rated thing, fine! Do you want to end the game now, and start a rated one, or do both simultaneosly? 

Sith_Nazgul

Well, I have proved that the KID is playable (3rd article) but needs precise play (2nd article), otherwise, you will get thrashed (1st article). Re8 is arguably more accurate than the other moves, but since all variations are given it doesn't matter which one is main. Also, I am not totally refuting the KID. AGAIN, ACTUALLY READ.

DEFCON_1

I love playing against the four pawns attack. I can easily get a draw, and can play for a win if my opponent messes up.

Archerknight
DEFCON_1 wrote:

I love playing against the four pawns attack. I can easily get a draw, and can play for a win if my opponent messes up.

Easily get a draw eh? Yes there are actually forcing draw lines.

 

 

There are common ideas with Na4 and Bc1-Bd2-Bc1 after the black queen takes on b2 and is forced to shuffle on a3 and c3 and b3.

MasterOfNinjas

With the four pawns attack:               

Number of games in database: 1151 

Years covered: 1851 to 2012
Overall record:
   White wins 44.5%
   Black wins 29.5%
   Draws 26.1%


With the Samisch:

Years covered: 1928 to 2012
Overall record:
White wins 41.5%
Black wins 27.3%
Draws 31.2%

As you can probably tell, the Samisch is played more then the four pawns attack, however the percentage rates are quite similar. No percentage rate dominates the other one by far.

topj
Rookrager wrote:

Well, I have proved that the KID is playable (3rd article) but needs precise play (2nd article), otherwise, you will get thrashed (1st article). Re8 is arguably more accurate than the other moves, but since all variations are given it doesn't matter which one is main. Also, I am not totally refuting the KID. AGAIN, ACTUALLY READ.

Re8 is not one of the best at all it is actually kind of bad and a waste of a move,u should just play e5 straight after 0-0.(If you want a line for the KID against the london system,just have a look at my article-it is just a game between Vassily Ivanchuk(as white) and I can't exactly remember the other guy)

Sith_Nazgul

Your articles are actually forums and they have NO RESEARCH IN THEM.

MasterOfNinjas

geez Richard does it matter? This forum looks like it was more of a questioned one rather then a huge debate.

topj

see that's why you also need to look at my article about why you need to avoid @Rookrager :p

superpejo

saemisch is the best system againts KID , but all is playable if you play well and white play bad

topj

it depends on your playing style

Sith_Nazgul
CHCL wrote:

The 2 main moves are 9...Re8 and 9...Bg4.


See? Somebody who actually knows some theory agrees! Jake, stop arguing and just accept that you're wrong (again)!

Sith_Nazgul
topj wrote:
Rookrager wrote:

Well, I have proved that the KID is playable (3rd article) but needs precise play (2nd article), otherwise, you will get thrashed (1st article). Re8 is arguably more accurate than the other moves, but since all variations are given it doesn't matter which one is main. Also, I am not totally refuting the KID. AGAIN, ACTUALLY READ.

Re8 is not one of the best at all it is actually kind of bad and a waste of a move,u should just play e5 straight after 0-0.(If you want a line for the KID against the london system,just have a look at my article-it is just a game between Vassily Ivanchuk(as white) and I can't exactly remember the other guy)


Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. Also, never read his forums, you'll just waste 10 secnds of your time.

MasterOfNinjas
Rookrager wrote:
topj wrote:
Rookrager wrote:

Well, I have proved that the KID is playable (3rd article) but needs precise play (2nd article), otherwise, you will get thrashed (1st article). Re8 is arguably more accurate than the other moves, but since all variations are given it doesn't matter which one is main. Also, I am not totally refuting the KID. AGAIN, ACTUALLY READ.

Re8 is not one of the best at all it is actually kind of bad and a waste of a move,u should just play e5 straight after 0-0.(If you want a line for the KID against the london system,just have a look at my article-it is just a game between Vassily Ivanchuk(as white) and I can't exactly remember the other guy)


Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. Also, never read his forums, you'll just waste 10 secnds of your time.

Agreed, and, don't believe Jake, he lies a lot.

topj
[COMMENT DELETED]