Forums

King's Gambit

Sort:
Danimal77
Why no love for the King's Gambit here?
MTL_Made

I mean, black just has so many ways to decline it.

brokerwurst

Cool

Alfredo_Victor
Uživatel MTL_Made napsal:

I mean, black just has so many ways to decline it.

It's not that clear.

Danimal77

The falkbeer counter gambit hurts my head. At my level plenty of people accept it. Also at my level I don't think anyone has played the main line accepted g5. The most common defense I see is the Schallop which I do well against.

Select_Chicken

I LOVE THE KINGS GAMBIT! I mean of course it can be refuted and all that, but to me that mekes it funner

Danimal77

I'll settle for being Morphy light lol. Im never gonna be any kinda master so I'm not worried about learning the positional theory of move 12 of the declined gambit line because I won't ever be a mastee. So it seems like a bad reason not to play it.

RussBell

The King's Gambit...

https://www.chess.com/blog/RussBell/the-kings-gambit

Warrior_GOLD

I don’t know it, but I lose against it

morphy1023

I found 686 Kings Gambit games in a Master Database, mostly with both players rated 2400+. Spasky beat Fischer with it in 1960, and there are 23 database games where Fischer played it as white. It can't be that bad, even if you might not want to play it at the 2400+ level now.

liquanhao
King’s Gambit is exactly what I like.The attack is very sharp and the war happens at f line.I usually use the Night f3 variation to avoid the Queen
DerekDHarvey

Cunningham's cunning by name and cunning by nature.

0cifer_0

I think king's Indian attack best opening ever

morphy1023

There are lots of blacks move 2s and move 3s, but certain themes, such as an attack on f7 on the semiopen f file and with the bishop usually at c4; also, if black plays g5, the kingside can open up, white often has questionable king security, and it usually results in a wide open position.

The check on h4 with the Bishops Gambit or Cunningham Defense isn't that big a problem. White generally gets development to compensate for the king being in the open and it being harder to get the root to f file.