Forums

Most Aggressive Openings?

Sort:
Phife_Dawg

Hello, I would like to ask you, the chess.com community, what your favorite, most aggressive openings are. I will ask you to respond to three main questions:

1. Most aggressive opening for white

2. Most aggressive opening against e4

3. Most aggressive opening against d4

My responses are:

1. BDG, Ryder gambit

2. Elephant Gambit

3. Albin Countergambit

What are all of yours?

chasm1995

1. Queen's gambit

2. Sicilian (it's what I do best with)

3. Albin countergambit

Dark_Falcon
chasm1995 hat geschrieben:

1. Queen's gambit

3. Albin countergambit

Queens Gambit and Sicilian?

Good joke...

Did you read the title of this thread correctly?

TetsuoShima
Dark_Falcon wrote:

1. Queen's gambit

3. Albin countergambit

Good joke...

well black decides on the queens gambit doesnt he??

and i guess a correctly played queens gambit is way more agressive than a busted elephant gambit

Dark_Falcon

I dont know if there is an aggresso-meter in Chess...i think not.

Here are my personal choices:

With white: BDG, Hübsch-Gambit, Gibbins-Weidenhagen-Gambit

Vs. e4: Latvian Gambit, Elephant-Gambit

Vs. d4: All sidelines of the Englund-Gambit (Soller, Blackburne, Hartlaub)

Vs. c4: Vector-Gambit

Scottrf

I don't see what's wrong with the Sicilian as an answer. Can be played very aggressively and chosed by most of the great attacking players.

TetsuoShima

i think most agressive are the najdorf and the kings indian.

how do you define agressive??

do you just mean tactical??

TetsuoShima
[COMMENT DELETED]
Dark_Falcon
TetsuoShima hat geschrieben:
Dark_Falcon wrote:

1. Queen's gambit

3. Albin countergambit

Good joke...

well black decides on the queens gambit doesnt he??

and i guess a correctly played queens gambit is way more agressive than a busted elephant gambit

Question number 1 was the most aggressive opening with white...and the answer cant be Queens Gambit.

The question was not the theoretical best opening for white vs. 1.d4 d5

And the Elephant Gambit isnt refuted by now...best you can achieve with white is += in a material balanced position...i should know because ive played it for more than 3 years (and then switched to the Latvian, because its far more tactical than the Elephant). 

Phife_Dawg
TetsuoShima wrote:

i think most agressive are the najdorf and the kings indian.

how do you define agressive??

do you just mean tactical??

Aggressive and tactical are very similar in the world of chess, so whichever your favorite is.

TitanCG

1. Danish gambit - Maybe it's not good but when else does White throw away three pawns in an opening? 

2. Ruy Lopez, Marshall gambit

3. Benoni

Dark_Falcon
TetsuoShima hat geschrieben:
Scottrf wrote:

I don't see what's wrong with the Sicilian as an answer. Can be played very aggressively and chosed by most of the great attacking players.

but i think generally a sound opening is always more agressive than a speculative opening that gets busted.

???

i have good results with these unsound openings and my games are almost over after the middle game,so i can save my money and dont need to buy endgame books.

chasm1995

I think any opening can be played agressively, just as any opening can be played passively.

Swindlers_List

It's a bad question imo. To play so aggressively in the opening without your opponent making any mistakes means that you must make considerable concessions.
The 'most aggressive' openings will require greater concessions, often two pawns or more.
Pretty much all these openings are unsound, I can not think of an opening before move 10 which allows you to sacrifice 2+ points worth of material and have sufficent compensation.

Dont play bad openings.

Dark_Falcon

I think any opening can be played agressively, just as any opening can be played passively.

Yes, in theory...right, but would you play a Gambit with material down passive?

Makes no sense...

DiogenesDue
TitanCG wrote:

1. Danish gambit - Maybe it's not good but when else does White throw away three pawns in an opening? 

It's only two pawns :).  Black captures 3 and loses 1.

chasm1995

yes, but I'm certain that it's been tried before, and you only know if something works after you've blundered it a few hundred times and ironed out the details.

TitanCG

Yeah and that's one reason why I try not to play gambits too often. If you're not careful you end up using lines as a crutch rather than a supplement to chess.

Radical_Drift

1. London System

2. Caro-Kann

3.Queen's Indian

;)

Phife_Dawg

@ Assault and chasm1995, I didn't ask for your opinions on aggressive openings, I just asked for which your favorites are Tongue Out