Forums

My favorite opening

Sort:
Screener

I created an opening and I think it's pretty good. Move the pawn in front of the king so you get your bishop out of the way so you can castle faster, AND it gets your queen into play! Try it! 😃

Turm_Breuberg

Actually there are two side-lines possible, as you can move the pawn one step or a double step! XD

Screener

Turm_Breuberg wrote:

Actually there are two side-lines possible, as you can move the pawn one step or a double step! XD

That's optional.

Screener

pfren wrote:

Uh-oh, this is a great discovery. Pretty original and ingenious- it looks it has never been played before. Or not?

Thank you

chesspooljuly13

Moving the pawn one square in front of the king makes sense because it's protected by other pawns. Moving the pawn two squares is a blunder, imo

ClavierCavalier

It's not their fault they're new and don't know that 1. e4 is very common, and probably the most common opening.  The diagram is just incase they don't know what 1. e4 means.

Screener

My last comment was 3 days ago, anyone else want to comment?

ClavierCavalier

I think everyone's last comment was 3 days ago.

By the way, I'd move that pawn 2 squares if you're playing white and it's your first move.  If white plays that move, black moving the one in front of the king 1 square is called the French Defense.  See below:  (Don't capture the pawn as black if white leaves their pawn on e4!)

helltank

FOOLS. D4 IS KING.

Screener

helltank wrote:

FOOLS. D4 IS KING.

d4 is stupid.

madhacker
ClavierCavalier wrote:

(Don't capture the pawn as black if white leaves their pawn on e4!)

Nothing wrong with 3... dxe4. Has been played by many GMs. Not the most aggressive line but very solid.

ClavierCavalier
madhacker wrote:
ClavierCavalier wrote:

(Don't capture the pawn as black if white leaves their pawn on e4!)

Nothing wrong with 3... dxe4. Has been played by many GMs. Not the most aggressive line but very solid.

I guess you're right.  I was just speaking form my experiences, and they haven't gone too well!

Screener

this is a good way to use e4:

Dark_Falcon

the best choices for white´s first move are 1.e4 or 1.d4, therefore i combine them in my matches...

Screener

Why 1.d4?

ClavierCavalier

Thehedgehog2000, 1. h5 isn't a legal move.

ClavierCavalier
Screener wrote:

this is a good way to use e4:

Screener, that won't work against anyone who has seen that or played against it.  When I was rated between 700 - 800, I would see people trying to go for the mate on f2/f7 all of the time.  Now it's 4 months later, I'm rated around 1200, and I never see it.  Maybe that's because I'm not very fond of 1. e4 e5 openings.

Actually, I sometimes see this if the game is against someone who is at an even 1200, because 1200 usually means they're new and they haven't played any rated game.  When playing someone who is an even 1200, you never know what you're going to get.  It could be Bobby Fischer's clone who just joined chess.com or little baby Susie who just learnt the game 2 hours ago.

PS, if your opponents are playing those moves you made, or if they're falling for that trap, then go for it.  You'd probably improve more if you learnt some better openings, though.

I'm pretty sure this analysis is right, but someone more knowledgeable might know better.

ClavierCavalier

Hey screener, maybe this is the best opening if you can get your opponent to play it!

shadowyfire365

fools mate

Screener

hey, thehedgehog2000, because that move is imposible.