Forums

My Opening Invention

Sort:
TonyH

the problem firepower is that many of those lines are VERY sharp. and one slip things go sideways and you lose. Players at this level spend hours prepping for a game and learning modern theory (see the aronian-mcshane game) and try to find a critical move to challenge their opponent ina line they played in the past but didnt play accurately and might have forgotten the result or not considered an option because the game turned out favorably for them. 

One thing that i have noticed in recent years is that top players are becoming a moving target. They are playing a large number of systems so players cannt surprise them as easily especially the lower rated 2660 fish (jk) Ivanchuk plays everything, Magnus is hard to predict, Aronian too. THe players that are more predictible like Rajabov and his king's indian struggle at times because they can get caught in a 'trap'.

Anywayt to answer your question my guess is the game played today was a trick because Naka saw his opponent played something against it that wasnt normal and wanted to challenge him in it. 

PatriotScout

Been done before. I believe it is a Caro-Kann variation. You are not the first to come up with it so you can't name it. Besides I think it already has a name.

TonyH

Ya I suspect it was an attempt by Naka to surprise his opponent and try to catch him out of his main theory OR keep some prep hidden for a bigger game later perhaps. 

Kaluki
[COMMENT DELETED]
Eeveelution

7 pages of comments? Are all trolls this well fed here?

Yereslov
Predalien17 wrote:

7 pages of comments? Are all trolls this well fed here?

Only those who deserved to be trolled.

Yereslov
ApexKiller wrote:

Yereslov is a beginnerof rating 1200, guys hes just starting out so let his young mind wander aroung opening systems. But remember this, that is not a new variation, if u guys want to see a REAL NEW OPENING check out the 'NEW Sicilian Gambit', the Poisned Pawn Gambit that i take credit for designing specifically for Pawn Lovers, like me

I know more about the opening than 99.99% of the players at my local club .

Grobzilla
Yereslov wrote:
ApexKiller wrote:

Yereslov is a beginnerof rating 1200, guys hes just starting out so let his young mind wander aroung opening systems. But remember this, that is not a new variation, if u guys want to see a REAL NEW OPENING check out the 'NEW Sicilian Gambit', the Poisned Pawn Gambit that i take credit for designing specifically for Pawn Lovers, like me

I know more about the opening than 99.99% of the players at my local club .

So, there are 10,001 players at your club, and only one knows more about THE opening? By the way, I love trolls.

Grobzilla
Powerlevel_9001 wrote:

someone fed him first, look above at post #91

As to why, apparently you didn't read my last line.

Yereslov

I don't think any of you are intelligent enough to get that this a joke.

You would think someone who plays chess would be a little more perceptive.

It's not trolling when I upset you. It's only trolling when I try.

GreenLeaf14

Is there a name for 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 a6? it came to me one as i was searching for d4 alternatives....{so i didn't copy it from sb else} do you think its good?it can lead to benoni lines and it can surely take your opponent by surprise....

GreenLeaf14

if there is no name i will call it ''greek defence''.... actually i have won many games with it when playing on real wooden chessboard....on the net i think i have used once ....

mikejohngervais

I'm not sure I agree

mikejohngervais

Anybody have some good books they could mail me?

GreenLeaf14

first of all why change the move order? 2nd i searched it and it has pretty good stats after 1d4 nf6 2 c4 a6 3nce c5 4 d5 b5 5 cxb5 axb5 6 nxb5 ba6 it's more of a benko style after d6 g6 bg7 O-O..........MIKE DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD OPENING?

GreenLeaf14

OK for 2h games i have to admit that i d be hard for a gm to play well with this but it doent mean its impossible....but for a 5min blitz i think its pretty decent

GreenLeaf14

actually accordingto chess365 database 4 out of5 games with this variation were won by black....

GreenLeaf14

i just think that its another way to transpose to benko style games....anyway its your opinion and i respect it,it just seems to me that if the line goes as i said black has the same comp as anyother player playing against  the zaitsev

GreenLeaf14

ok with all these but do you think people who play blitz with the time running will find the best moves against this?and also forget if black is doing  well or not ok...if you win games its all that matters cause:u dont have to play welle to win u jus need to play better than your opponent'' and if your opponent doesnt find the best moves then this opening did its job....

GreenLeaf14

ok then.....i hope you do well in your next gamesSmileand thanks for sharing your opinion