Forums

Obsessed with BDG

Sort:
Arraskrahe

Hello fellow chess players

I have a bit of a problem - my obsession with Blackmar-Diemer gambit. I realized it when I was reading about the hijacking of LH181 and Baader-Meinhof gang ...

... the thing is, if you put some of the locations where the plane went while being hijacked on 13th October between 11:00-23:00 on a map.. the markings form the key squares in the BDG Halosar trap line. It is kind of like the game reanimated on the map of europe.. 40+ years later. And the hijackers called themselves the commando of Halime. The afixes halo and hali mean the same thing in greek - salt! There are some more things in common between the game and the hijacking. I know its unprobable, that Diemer had something to do (not Blackmar, of course) with the hijacking, is it? Noone would suspect him, he was fascinated with Nostradamus and he maybe could have pulled something like that off? And BDG is similar to Baader-Meinhof gang. Plus ofc the deaths of RAF members @ death night in Stammheim prison on the 18th-19th October. 

Well most probably I have a problem, I don't know what should I do. If anyone could give advice, i would appreciate.

Shivsky

Up the medication at your doctor's recommendation.

falcogrine

Switch to e4 openings, that should fix you right up!

Arraskrahe

e4 d5 d4  dxe Nc3 Nf6 f3 exf3 

falcogrine

Stick to e4 openings that don't transpose, I mean. I looked up the BDG, and saw that it started with d4. So, try something else! Maybe the Scotch. BTW, OTB I prefer the Four pawns attack against e4 d5.

Starting with Nf3 will surely cure you of the BDG!

Mainline_Novelty

I didn't know the Scandi had a four pawns attack...what is it?

falcogrine

Oh, yeah, sorry. I got it mixed up with Alekhine's (I think). I was trying to refer to the mainline, and all half-open defenses seem to get all mixed up in my head... They result in positions that look a bit similar.

Arraskrahe

The BDG is more than an opening. For example, I play the scotch yes ... but in my head i know im playing BDG, in fact im just in the world of an alternative variation-tree ... ill explain: playing moves e4 e5 nf3 nc6 d4 exd bc4 feels like im in the underworld of BDG, the bizarre anti construction which is like a dream and i know im sleeping- i have to know it ... because that helps me to believe i am playing BDG in reality, which i am not. 

The thing is, i have to play BDG, its like a friend of mine and it calms me down.

Besides, it feels like it has hidden secrets in it.

falcogrine

Um, now I recommend checkers.

ViktorHNielsen
falcogrine wrote:

Oh, yeah, sorry. I got it mixed up with Alekhine's (I think). I was trying to refer to the mainline, and all half-open defenses seem to get all mixed up in my head... They result in positions that look a bit similar.

The 4-pawn is extremely sharp positional play. I simply gave up when all the natural moves lost for both black and white. The exchange variation, and white has a free small space advantage.

falcogrine

Whichever works best for you, go for it!

falcogrine

In a way, I'm glad that multiple openings work. If everyone played the same opening, chess would be very boring.

duck_and_cover
falcogrine wrote:

no, you just invinted a new opining! Now get it named after you.

learningthemoves

That Halosar trap really is pretty with the queen sac "gambit" lol and semi-smothered mate with the knight.

falcogrine

Nietzsche - "Battle not with monsters (trolls), lest ye become a monster (troll)"

"Now I am become Daeth, destroyer of worlds" - Bhagavad Gita (quoted famously by J Robert Oppenheimer)