Forums

Open good bye letter for the spirit of d4

Sort:
Grandmaster3141
[COMMENT DELETED]
Grandmaster3141

Dear Nf3,

A little hyperactive, aren't you? Let the pawns do some work at least.

-Grandmaster3141

Grandmaster3141
TMIMITW wrote:
nweb99 wrote:

you know you are a hopeless chess fan when you start writing letters to the opening moves like their your family or friends.

Those pieces are my only friends. I keep them on my dashbord in my van down by the river.

How many slumber parties does this guy have?

Grandmaster3141

nweb99
TMIMITW wrote:
nweb99 wrote:

you know you are a hopeless chess fan when you start writing letters to the opening moves like their your family or friends.

Those pieces are my only friends. I keep them on my dashbord in my van down by the river.

wow Tmimitw no wonder you live in a van down by a river you keep chess pieces on your dashboard. Do you play chess while your driving? 

AlCzervik

No, I talk to my friends then.

nweb99

while driving?

Rubidium

Great thread. Unfortunately, I am extremely uncreative.

Grandmaster3141
Rubidium wrote:

Great thread. Unfortunately, I am extremely uncreative.

If you are uncreative, you wouldn't get all these hidden jokes in the letters, and therefore you wouldn't call it a "great thread". There's some creativity in you, kid.

P.S. Isn't rubidium an element of the periodic table?

Ben_Dubuque

dear d4 f5

thanks for the perfect score you have given to me when I am with you, I apreciate the lines ranging from classical to Lenningrad to Stonewall. maybe there is a way I can list them all, to lazy for now, so let me not say how, and I will bid adue

jet

Grandmaster3141

Dear Na3,

This isn't checkers, you coward. You aren't safe at that edge.

-Grandmaster3141

corrijean
jetfighter13 wrote:

dear d4 f5

thanks for the perfect score you have given to me when I am with you, I apreciate the lines ranging from classical to Lenningrad to Stonewall. maybe there is a way I can list them all, to lazy for now, so let me not say how, and I will bid adue

jet

You are a very creative speller. Laughing

Rubidium

Dear 1. a4, thank you for making me laugh my head off... except when I lose to you!-me.

Dear 1...a6, I HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE... Sincerely, Karpov.

Grandmaster3141

Dear e4 e5,

Careful when he moves his bishop.

-Grandmaster3141

shepi13
corrijean wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

dear d4 f5

jet

You are a very creative speller.

Dear d4 f5 e4 - Thank you for the perfect OTB score I have with you, and for refuting d4 f5. I am sorry for jetfighter and yet am glad that now the dutch shall no longer be used.

Metastable

Dear Openings Forum,

I am a knight at a small mid-western college. I read your threads regularly but never thought I would have anything of note to post myself. Until last week, that is. Usually I go for Italian girls – you know, those hot Sicilian chicks with a bit of an edge to them. But this time it was different.  I was doing my usual daily grind on f3 when out of the corner of my eye, this tall dark dame caught my eye. There was something about her that was intimidating- so tall! She just exuded power and raw danger. And such majesty! I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to resist her, even if I wanted to. I winked at her and she sidled up to an adjoining square. “Hey big boy,” she chuckled at me. Before I even knew what was happening, she was all over me! I felt exposed, open, and even though I knew I should be afraid for my life, I decided to take a chance and do the dance with this lady. My pawns were down around my ankles in a flash and I could not resist. Now I’m not a religious man, but when I saw two bishops standing nearby while she took me, cheering her on, I knew this was something special. Long story short, the mate was quick, brutal, and memorable. I will never forget her, that queen of the night. Thanks for listening,

- Lancelot

guesso

Don't you dare perform a Queen sacrifice !

- The King

Ben_Dubuque
shepi13 wrote:
corrijean wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

dear d4 f5

jet

You are a very creative speller.

Dear d4 f5 e4 - Thank you for the perfect OTB score I have with you, and for refuting d4 f5. I am sorry for jetfighter and yet am glad that now the dutch shall no longer be used.

It is not refuted just a different challange you have set up.

The_Gavinator

dear d4, you have been revived with the queenside fried liver, I shall now play you every game.

Ben_Dubuque

Dear d4

ever hear about waiting for e4 to be played first, e stands for energetic, d stands for dull, so while your games are filled with long lulls between the action, e4's are filled with many an attraction. and don't start about your worst variation, that QSFL, it is a patzer opening for a reason, that some people refuse to abandon, but hey everyone is sentamentle, thats the way I am with e4 e5 f4