parham attack

  • #41

    You're right, as a black player you fall for all sorts of traps, and many tactics can be used on you too.

  • #42

    OK so lets analyse Ne2

  • #43

    Pin the knight dummy.

  • #44

    how and at what move, and remember be nice, just because someone diagrees and wants proof doesn't mean they are a dummy, btw you sound an awefull lot like the us government

  • #45

    Lol how? The Government is full of socialists... And for the game I'd probably get something like d3 going.

  • #46
    The_Gavinator wrote:

    Lol how? The Government is full of socialists... And for the game I'd probably get something like d3 going.

    Not that I have a horse in this race, but you honestly don't see the parallels between what you call socialism, and recommending everyone cripple their chess progress by immersing themselves in mediocre, antipositional openings that will cause everyone to stagnate at the same level, and for the same reasons?

  • #47

    so 6. d3, by that I meant, not trying to look from another perspective, I looked at d3 and thought it to slow for the goal(early attack, which needs a center)

  • #48
    EbenezerDrood wrote:
    The_Gavinator wrote:

    Lol how? The Government is full of socialists... And for the game I'd probably get something like d3 going.

    Not that I have a horse in this race, but you honestly don't see the parallels between what you call socialism, and recommending everyone cripple their chess progress by immersing themselves in mediocre, antipositional openings that will cause everyone to stagnate at the same level, and for the same reasons?


    that is what I was going for, you were just more elloquent

  • #49

    I didn't demand anyone to do anything, I just was telling you haters that the Parham is a viable opening, just because it doesn't follow your opening "rules", doesn't mean it's bad. Actually you are the socialists, telling me I must play the ruy lopez because everything else is unsound...

  • #50

    I just play the four knights. You can't go wrong getting the horsies out.

  • #51

    Yeah but I like aggressiveness, and I also don't like giving up material, I feel the Parham is one of the few openings that does that, if you have any other's I'd be glad to try them

  • #52
    The_Gavinator wrote:

    Yeah but I like aggressiveness, and I also don't like giving up material, I feel the Parham is one of the few openings that does that, if you have any other's I'd be glad to try them

    That's up to the player, not the opening.

  • #53

    Not necessarily, some openings develop into a more aggressive position than others.

  • #54
    The_Gavinator wrote:

    Not necessarily, some openings develop into a more aggressive position than others.

    Ah yes, the pieces seem to magic themselves to these passive positions don't they. Tongue out

    Fischer managed to crush plenty of GMs with the queen's gambit declined. Those games were pretty violent.

  • #55

    Yes, you can play aggressively in a passive opening or passively in an aggressive opening, but there are passive and aggressive openings. Take the ruy lopez v the danish gambit.

  • #56

    there is no such thing as a passive KG, even the declined is agressive, and the parham is agressive to the point of stupidity, its like one guy walks out claiming he can do a lot of damage, but when he finaly goes to the karate tournoment, he gets the crap kicked out of him.

  • #57
    jetfighter13 wrote:

    there is no such thing as a passive KG, even the declined is agressive, and the parham is agressive to the point of stupidity, its like one guy walks out claiming he can do a lot of damage, but when he finaly goes to the karate tournoment, he gets the crap kicked out of him.

    You talk as if the openings play themselves...

  • #58

    jetfigher, stop acting like the kg is the best thing in the world. I've looked through all of your games, there's like two where you even play it. The KG is just a fail. I know fischer played it, but fischer could win with anything, he just liked to prove how good he was.

  • #59

    I have played it a lot more than that, its just most of the games are beyond what either of us can find

  • #60

    Well 2 out of like your last 50 or so games still is hardly at all.

or Join

Online Now