Forums

Queens Gambit

Sort:
Jesus_Loves_You123
Couple of weeks playing Queens Gambit.
Apparently, this was 90% accuracy. Can anyone confirm, it seemed like my opponent was just a noob.

Sadlone

U played the opening correctly , but the move I really liked was pawn to b4! That killed his queen, the reverse attack of bishop was missed by your opponent , in fact playing over the game I missed it too

Jesus_Loves_You123
Sadlone wrote:

U played the opening correctly , but the move I really liked was pawn to b4! That killed his queen, the reverse attack of bishop was missed by your opponent , in fact playing over the game I missed it too

Thank you

ErnestoCampoverde

Nice. 5. ... Nc6?! is a typical move by Black palyers who don't know what they are doing (not as bad as 1. d4 d5 2. c4 Nf6?! or 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. Nf3 Bg4? though). In that rating range it's fairly easy to get a headstart into the game as d4 player if you follow it up with c4 and know the general ideas, because opponents often don't.

That being said, 6. Bxf6 does look a bit weird and untypical, though with the black knight developed to c6 instead of d7 (as is normally done), it's probably not that bad. Black can't take back with the knight, as it would be if the knight was on d7, but also can't do the typical c7-c5 push, which would lead to an exchange c5 that would pull the e7-bishop away and leave the f6-knight pinned again.

Caydence999
Sadlone wrote:

Caydence999

nice!

zone_chess

You have played ok, but it's standard stuff leading to a draw.
Next time, see if you can find a winning position. The QGD is inherently positional.
I would keep the DSB, for example.
Also, dxe5 gives you f7 as a hotpoint after the queen exchange with black behind in development!