Forums

The Queenside Fried Liver

Sort:
waldojones

Well this post has kinda gone to the dogs.

I looked at the opening. I don't study chess a lot but decided to give that a try.

After 8 moves my opionent resigned. He would have been down a pawn, rook and a bishop after 10 moves. Not able to escape. He made some blunders of course. But this opening is deadly if you are not paying attention.  IMHO.

Peace brothers.

EstebanTunggul
waldojones wrote:

I looked at the opening. I don't study chess a lot but decided to give that a try.

After 8 moves my opionent resigned. He would have been down a pawn, rook and a bishop after 10 moves. Not able to escape. He made some blunders of course. But this opening is deadly if you are not paying attention.  IMHO.

Peace brothers.

"If you are not paying attention" is the key, finally someone who nailed the words (at least for my own satisfaction).

Nothing special of an opening if you do pay attention however :)

ManOfZen
fudgeball wrote:
waldojones wrote:

Peace brothers.

"If you are not paying attention" is the key, finally someone who nailed the words (at least for my own satisfaction).

Nothing special of an opening if you do pay attention however :)

Maybe what's special about it is that it makes it *so* hard to pay attention.

whatupyodog

Can you please stop making fun of this irrefutable opening for no reason.

DrSpudnik

It's the brightest idea!

waldojones

Well I just played a guy who is about 250 points above my rating.  I play him all the time , we grew up together. It's a good way to stay in touch. Anyhow he cleans my clock all the time. I opened with this Queenside fried liver and after about 12 moves I was up a pawn. He came back and beat me but he had never seen it before so for awhile I had he thinking real hard. Some with a equeal rating would have beat him with this opening.????

DrSpudnik

No.

Get over it.

The_Gavinator

Lol what do you mean no? He just said he almost beat someone with a rating 250 higher than him, I'm pretty sure that counts for something. Just face it, this works no matter what you theory nazis say.

The_Gavinator

Actually, he said he had the lead, and lost it in midgame, so I think it works, it's just the 250 point difference that is the issue.

whatupyodog

IM pfren. I bet i could pwn you with this opening. But, waldojones, yes this opening does work very well when you play it, especially someone who hasnt seen it before.

IrrationalTiger

But surely we can't forget about the Catalan Fried Liver.

whatupyodog

Good analysis pfren, you are so far the only cool person i have seen on this site. I will have to use this in a game.

Shiraaaaazi

Okay, Boris Spassky did NOT use this at all, as far as i know this has never been played in world championship level. 

There are TONS of lines to stop this beginners attack

whatupyodog

Check OP of Waite-Harrison, black is not fine.

1RedKnight99
The_Gavinator wrote:

Queen's Gambit, I think not! Have to pressure that unprotected pawn...

umm... the queen is protecting it.

The_Gavinator

It's a joke buddy...

whatupyodog

The OP is a joke but this is definatley a legitimate, still unrefuted opening.

EstebanTunggul
[COMMENT DELETED]
EstebanTunggul

DrSpudnik wrote:

It's the brightest idea!

EstebanTunggul

^

This :)