Why not go for the Dutch then?

blasterdragon
Fear_ItseIf wrote:
blasterdragon wrote:

perhaps you may like this trap it could fool some people

youre really into that trap arnt you? lol, youve posted it on like 10 threads

what can i say its a nice trap

Bharadwaj-S

Dude dont post any comments that beginners need not learn openings. Just answer the question

Bharadwaj-S

I've found 3 openings that most of you said. Vote for them or tell any other eligible candidate.

QGD

KID

Nimzo-Indian

Fear_ItseIf

if you dont want lots of lines you can rule out the KID, Nimzo is fairly theory heavy as well, especilly considering you need another defence if they play 3.nf3. so go with QGD.

Snar

it depends, what do you play against e4

blueemu

The KID is my favorite anti-d4 opening, but it isn't what I would call "solid". Not the way I play it, anyway.

DrFrank124c

I like the Phenelomorphin Defense. 

2mooroo

Queen's Gambit Accepted probably has the least theory.

Maybe you could pick something offbeat that way neither you nor your opponent know what is going on.  Budapest Defense, Albin Counter-Gambit, and the Dutch all come to mind.

BruceJuice

In my experience defenses with pawns are on light squares are usually safer than defenses with pawns on dark squares. Maybe this can be helpful to you.

JariIkonen
cferrel

Kings Indian defence and Benko gambit are my personal favorites. 

chess_cake

There has chessmaster 8000 edition (I don't remember exact edition) which has a opening tree againt d4, e4, etc. I found that all those openings are solid.

electricjellyfish

slav with 4...dxc4

ElvisFord

I enjoy the Baltic Defense against the Queen's Gambit.

moonnie
S-Bharadwaj wrote:

Dude dont post any comments that beginners need not learn openings. Just answer the question

Well you could of course learn by head all the lines of an opening without any clue why you play the moves. You can play the nimzo without having a clue when a knight is equal to or stronger than a bisshop.

But in the end you play versus other 1200 players. They do not know openings. In 80% of your games you will be out of your theory in 4-5 moves and ofcourse your opponents response is not in the books. There you are with your 15-20 moves deep prep. You know the moves but still do not know the general opening principles.

Bharadwaj-S
frank124c wrote:

I like the Phenelomorphin Defense. 

If you wanna reccomend some opening 'no one' knows pls. show some moves after which black is winning.

WalangAlam

Slav and semislav. Need to time the f pawn push in the middle game. It would lead to endgames so study endgames too. Just like me. LOL