Forums

What do you think will be the openings for the anand vs gelfand match?

Sort:
benonidoni

Based on what you know of these two players what do you think will be the openings for the world championship match.

Crazychessplaya

The Slav or the semi-Slav.

beardogjones

Anand used the Grooonfield  and the Cattalllan a lot against Topalov.

Crazychessplaya

The Grooonfeld will not be played against Gelfand, on account of Rb1 in which Gelfand is a self-proclaimed expert.

StevenBailey13

I really hope there is a Caro-Kann!!

Maybe there will be a Nimzo. But it will of course, like all modern games, be dominated by the Sicilian.

dartking

i think you,ll see a lot of slavs and siilian nadjorfs

jesterville

I think you guys have pretty much covered it all...all I have to add would be the English.

I can't see the Ruy...since Gelfand just loves the Petrof, but I certainly see a lot of Queen's Gambits...and Slav/Semi Slavs.

Anand's fav is actually the Najdorv...but I think he will be unpredictable.

TheGrobe

Isn't discussion about whether that post was on or off topic also off topic?

DrSpudnik

Clean yer taters! Yell

DrSpudnik

There is no more pointless a comment than going on and on endlessly about "potateos" and poking fun at the Irish.

lame

SandyJames

I'm with VladBGhita. He had a point and @ Andy and Chris, cool down fellas, why do we need all this here. Let's move on. Smile

I think Anand will play 1 c4

goldendog
VladBGhita wrote:

Since I am going to become a forum mod soon

Do you really think they want someone who calls corri a bitch as a mod?

I'm sure they don't.

TheGrobe
goldendog wrote:
VladBGhita wrote:

Since I am going to become a forum mod soon

Do you really think they want someone who calls corri a bitch as a mod?

I'm sure they don't.

I'm sure he meant it in the nicest possible way.  As a dog, I'm sure you can understand.

DrSpudnik

I really can't believe they'd make VBG a forum mod. He has zero sense of humor and irritates everyone he comes in contact with.

DrSpudnik

and the endless condescending attitude...I forgot that. The truth doesn't irritate me: You do!  Why don't you just go away and stop hectoring people. The phony erudition and the snotty attitude and passive insults to otherwise harmless people shows a really rotten disposition.

DrSpudnik

I seriously doubt that you have any reason to consider anyone else on this planet an Untermensch.

DrSpudnik

Go to hell you creep.

TheGrobe

Wow, what a condescending, narcissistic prick.

DrSpudnik

Quod Erat Demonstrandum!

waffllemaster

"Zero sense of humor"  [humorless reply follows]

"When was the last time I insulted you?"  [sandwiched between insults]

Curious way of communicating Tongue out