Forums

What is the stupidest opening ever?

Sort:
helltank

Let's see how stupid we can make these openings!

Soon after I started playing chess, I focused my huge store of chess knowledge, pawn structure and deep strategical considerations into creating my masterpiece, my magnum opus:the magnificent Helltank Gambit.

SystematiChaos

The Bongcloud OpeningTongue Out

helltank

Only in normal chess. In Bongcloud chess the Open Cloud(1. e4 e5 2.Ke2) is played in 54% of games.

SystematiChaos

That is, assuming one would play the Bongcloud in normal chess... Otherwise any irrational, illogical move would do...

Seriously.

skakmadurinn

Simulated chess opening. 

1. d4 - d5
2. Qd3 - Qd6
3. Qh3 - Qh6
4. Qxc8 #

basilicone

The continuation of your gambit has been a subject of much study; modern analytical methods have arrived at the following consensus of opinion:

marmot84

So don't open or read them jempty.  We're not going to give up our fun just to avoid hurting your eyes with meanless combinations.

royalbishop

The Mother in Law Opening.

Just nagging just to do it. She thinks she always wins.

nextkasparov345

Andersen opening.

plutonia

Now I'm expecting some rich guy to pay a GM to have him play the Helltank Gambit. Of course he'll have to pay even the opponent to lose, in order to demonstrate that the gambit is sound.

mvtjc

lol jempty, don't be such a killjoy

plutonia
nextkasparov345 wrote:

Andersen opening.

fischerandchips

How about 1.g4 followed by 2. f3

marmot84
fischerandchips wrote:

How about 1.g4 followed by 2. f3

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is the hands down winner. 

naturalproduct
royalbishop wrote:

The Mother in Law Opening.

Just nagging just to do it. She thinks she always wins.

HAHA! Respond with the "shut your damn mouth" defence

AngeloPardi

a new variation of fool's mate !!

fissionfowl
jempty_method wrote:

What is idiotic is people starting idiotic threads and then stating their idiotic opinions about chess openings.

Wow. Chess players really are the most humourless people in the world.

GenghisCant

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/livechess/invinted-a-chess-opining-and-trap-how-do-i-get-it-named-after-me

B-rice1997
The_logicalist245 wrote:

The Bongcloud Opening

why would this be considered stupid i use this opening for half the games i play and half the games i play i am victorious

rooperi

My favourite stupid opening doesnt even have a name, but it can be fun to play. I've actually won a few games with it here. 1 e4 b5?!