Which is the most best opening do you think?

TeacherOfPain

Their is not best opening in my opinion...

That is like saying there is only one great way about going an opening, however a great opening depends on your style of play. One opponent may say 1.a3(Andersson opening) is the best opening, yes the Andersson opening. However didn't Andersoon crush is oppnennts with that opening, heck they even made that opening after him for a reason. 

Let me give another example. Bobby Fischer was renowned for just destroying previous Grandmaster's claims*understandings/theory) on what to do in an opening, and Bobby Fischer was like, you know doing this move is actually fine and once he did it everyone thought it was a brilliancy. And though many of Fischer's Brilliancies came from moves people didn't know were possible, it just become known that he was a player of a magnitude that could just break opening theory and knowledge and go into lines that you haven't even thought about and win because he understands it and you don't(or never even thought about it). And that was Bobby Fischer's style of play througouht his whole entire career. Namely he was a player that was a good at ever aspect of the game, but he used to crush people because of how uncomfortable they were in the moves he made, similiar to Tal and Kasparov, only the difference is the fact that his endgame and positional play was a lot stonger, so that means if Bobby did a crazy lets say Bxf7 move, something is out of pocket and unfortunatley at that time you would have to be going against the world's best in the time and the sad part about it, is that you don't know what the heck he did, now your clock is ticking and it is your move, so what do you do? Do you take the bishop and then have mate in 7. Do decline the bishop and lose a queen, a rook, and then play a losing position down to much material? Do you continue to play the game even though you are lower in time and have a much worse position? Honestly what do you do? This just proves how important it is to know that openings don't have no name to it and your style is so important. Literally the Style of Bobby fischer and his play said, I can do this move and you can't do anything about it and if he did that, then the game was most-likely over. 

To further my claim I am saying that it doesn't matter what opening you play, as long as it suites your style and your are effective with it. There is no "best opening" their may be an opening that was dominant in its time, however there is no clear "best opening" and again, it has something more to do with the player who is using it and their style, rather than how good the opening is. 

There are plenty of players who play the Sicilian and Queens Gambit, and openings that say that give good chances of being in better middle game or endgame positions, however if it is not in your style of play, chances are you will not be effective with that opening and have higher chances of having a losing game. 

Openings is based on comfortablitly, openings are about style, opening is also sometimes about chance(very rare, perhaps if you were using a gambit), but for the most part there is no  "best opening". If you wanted me to give you the top list of my favorite openings that would be much different, as there are many openings people like that they wouldn't consider to be the "best" or better however if you are talking about the best openings, you are talking about somrthing that you think best fits your style and you are effective and consistent with it for most of your games. 

Just trying to make this clear that's all, hopefully someone learned something meaningful from me.

ThrillerFan
chesschesskid wrote:
RussBell wrote:

There is no "best" opening, otherwise almost everyone, including GM's, would be playing it....

Chess Openings Resources for Beginners and Beyond...

https://www.chess.com/blog/RussBell/openings-resources-for-beginners-and-beyond

https://www.chess.com/blog/RussBell

he is saying inn your opinion

In my opinion, THERE IS NO BEST OPENING!

Let's not get things confused.  The following 3 questions are NOT the same question:

1) What is YOUR FAVORITE opening to play

2) What opening DO YOU UNDERSTAND BEST?

3) What is the best opening IN YOUR OPINION?

The answer to numbers 1 and 2 will likely be the same for most people, but not always.  They may see their favorite as the Kings Gambit because of the openness of the game, but they may best understand the Queens Gambit Declined.

For me, the answers to 1 and 2 are both the French Defense.

However, even in my opinion, the French is not the best opening because again, there is no best!  Period!  It is "best" to play which one of the big four that you understand best (1...e5, 1...e6, 1...c5, or 1...c6 against 1.e4).  Against 1.d4, there are a number of equally viable options.  1...f6 is not an equally viable option.

So again, there is no best!  Only good, inferior, and bad responses.  For example, against e4:

Good - e5, e6, c5, c6

Inferior - d6, g6, d5, Nf6, Nc6

Bad - The other 11 responses.

TeacherOfPain

Well said @ThrillerFan

GMIlakiyan

Oh

ChessPlayer0169

Well, your opinion. Each person is different, meaning each opening is different for each other person. SIMPLE.

DEFENDER1086

My favourite opening is Ruy Lopez

ukrainiandude
ALPHAzer0-123 wrote:
ThrillerFan wrote:
chesschesskid wrote:
RussBell wrote:

There is no "best" opening, otherwise almost everyone, including GM's, would be playing it....

Let's not get things confused.  The following 3 questions are NOT the same question:

The answer to numbers 1 and 2 will likely be the same for most people, but not always.  They may see their favorite as the Kings Gambit because of the openness of the game, but they may best understand the Queens Gambit Declined.

However, even in my opinion, the French is not the best opening because again, there is no best!  Period!  It is "best" to play which one of the big four that you understand best (1...e5, 1...e6, 1...c5, or 1...c6 against 1.e4).  Against 1.d4, there are a number of equally viable options.  1...f6 is not an equally viable option.

So again, there is no best!  Only good, inferior, and bad responses.  For example, against e4:

Good - e5, e6, c5, c6

d6 g6 and d5 are NOT INFERIOR

yeah they are

blueemu

Three Sailors Gambit.

pinkblueecho

Susik_Gaboyan

Benoni and Benko for black, Scotch for white.

GMIlakiyan
TeacherOfPain wrote:

Their is not best opening in my opinion...

That is like saying there is only one great way about going an opening, however a great opening depends on your style of play. One opponent may say 1.a3(Andersson opening) is the best opening, yes the Andersson opening. However didn't Andersoon crush is oppnennts with that opening, heck they even made that opening after him for a reason. 

Let me give another example. Bobby Fischer was renowned for just destroying previous Grandmaster's claims*understandings/theory) on what to do in an opening, and Bobby Fischer was like, you know doing this move is actually fine and once he did it everyone thought it was a brilliancy. And though many of Fischer's Brilliancies came from moves people didn't know were possible, it just become known that he was a player of a magnitude that could just break opening theory and knowledge and go into lines that you haven't even thought about and win because he understands it and you don't(or never even thought about it). And that was Bobby Fischer's style of play througouht his whole entire career. Namely he was a player that was a good at ever aspect of the game, but he used to crush people because of how uncomfortable they were in the moves he made, similiar to Tal and Kasparov, only the difference is the fact that his endgame and positional play was a lot stonger, so that means if Bobby did a crazy lets say Bxf7 move, something is out of pocket and unfortunatley at that time you would have to be going against the world's best in the time and the sad part about it, is that you don't know what the heck he did, now your clock is ticking and it is your move, so what do you do? Do you take the bishop and then have mate in 7. Do decline the bishop and lose a queen, a rook, and then play a losing position down to much material? Do you continue to play the game even though you are lower in time and have a much worse position? Honestly what do you do? This just proves how important it is to know that openings don't have no name to it and your style is so important. Literally the Style of Bobby fischer and his play said, I can do this move and you can't do anything about it and if he did that, then the game was most-likely over. 

To further my claim I am saying that it doesn't matter what opening you play, as long as it suites your style and your are effective with it. There is no "best opening" their may be an opening that was dominant in its time, however there is no clear "best opening" and again, it has something more to do with the player who is using it and their style, rather than how good the opening is. 

There are plenty of players who play the Sicilian and Queens Gambit, and openings that say that give good chances of being in better middle game or endgame positions, however if it is not in your style of play, chances are you will not be effective with that opening and have higher chances of having a losing game. 

Openings is based on comfortablitly, openings are about style, opening is also sometimes about chance(very rare, perhaps if you were using a gambit), but for the most part there is no  "best opening". If you wanted me to give you the top list of my favorite openings that would be much different, as there are many openings people like that they wouldn't consider to be the "best" or better however if you are talking about the best openings, you are talking about somrthing that you think best fits your style and you are effective and consistent with it for most of your games. 

Just trying to make this clear that's all, hopefully someone learned something meaningful from me.

I am accepting that

GMIlakiyan

I have question then what about people saying irregular openings are worst opening, Why?

GMIlakiyan

Black opening is irregular 

This is also irregular opening

They say that these opening are bad

ukrainiandude
ThrillerFan wrote:
chesschesskid wrote:
RussBell wrote:

Good - e5, e6, c5, c6

c6 isnt that good...

SNUDOO

Ukrainian dude what are you talking about. 1...c6 was one of Karpov’s favorites.

ChessPlayer0169
GMIlakiyan wrote:

Black opening is irregular 

This is also irregular opening

They say that these opening are bad

Actually, I agree with you. The first diagram literally gives White a headache, and the second diagram, White is just ahead in development and controls the center