Forums

Chess coaching from 4$ an hour

Sort:
mstefa

I would do it for free, but find that people are not commited if its free.

Rated over 2000 canadian chess federation.

Please contact me at practicalchess@gmail.com

TheGrobe

Surely that is a typo.... How incredibly generous.

sftac

Why do you list a facebook page on your chess.com profile, yet block visitors from viewing its content?

sftac

Zenith88

sounds like a seriously good deal =]

ShaPelayo

I totally recommend him, guys: he's been coaching me for some months now and he is very serious and passionate. Great chance of getting a great coach1

mstefa

Thank you Enrique on your nice words. 

Offer stands. I'm not sure what's wrong with the facebook page, I just set it up on sunday. It's not a typo. 

My name is Miroslav Stefanovic, here is my profile page

http://chess.ca/players?check_rating_number=154500&key=130612

i am with Chess Institute of Canada and member of Annex Chess Club in Toronto. 

ernestosim01

Is it a 'live' coaching? Do you do coaching through emai?

mstefa

Skype or email..

ernestosim01

I'd like the email approach. I'd like to work on it on my own while my coach provide necessary feedback.

How do I sign up?

mstefa

send me an email at mstefa at hotmail dot com. Include a game or few you lost, and I will reply . I will pinpoint what the problem may be, what to try to exercise, an example etc. Also, if you already know what you would like me to help you with, let me know. 

Thanks, Miroslav

Phylar
mstefa wrote:

I would do it for free, but find that people are not commited if its free.

Rated over 2000 canadian chess federation.

Please contact me at practicalchess@gmail.com

I would be commited if it was for free. Coming from my background, you often take what you can get. Anyway, my dream is to become titled and if hard work gets me there, then dammit I'll get there. However, without a job I don't even have $4 for food some days.

mstefa

Hi Phylar, 

I analized your game against Rohaan and left some comments. Here is your homework. Practice tactics for a week, play 3 more standard games, pay attention to my advice at the bottom. Contact me in a week, and I will analyze your next came. 

Rogue_Trader
[COMMENT DELETED]
royalbishop
mstefa wrote:

Hi Phylar, 

I analized your game against Rohaan and left some comments. Here is your homework. Practice tactics for a week, play 3 more standard games, pay attention to my advice at the bottom. Contact me in a week, and I will analyze your next came. 

What do you think is the maximum amount of a games a player at chess.com should play if they want to consistantly improve their game? Again talking about at chess.com. Maybe breaking it down by level would be easier say Novice, Intermediate, Advanced,......

mstefa

My calendar is currently full so I stopped offering 4$ lessons. My going rate is 30$ per hour. 

As far as playing, it should be mixed with training. 

Novice should play 1/4 of the time and train the rest. Advanced player probably 3/4 play and 1/4 training.

Doesn't matter if it's chess.com or ICC .

Improving mostly comes from understanding one's mistakes. To do that, analysis of games is more important than playing them. 

mstefa

I do offer free trial lesson as well as references from former students.

mstefa

I do offer free trial lesson as well as references from former students. My rating OTB IS 2040. Also the difference is that I live on the east cost and can schedule easier. Language or quality of skype signal is not an issue.. I do take myself lessons from a GM in Bosnia, 2580, for 30$. I will refer you to him if you want. Many will notice that title itself doesn't guarantee quality of teaching and I changed few teachers myself.

BlooTooth101
While coaching is no more 4$ per hour,he charges 15-25 depending on the student. I took some lessons with him over the last year, our motto was "Just Play Solid". He really helped to improve my game. Its because of him, I went from 1600 to over 1800 USCF.

We first looked at my most recent games and what my strengths and weakness were. We then made a plan on how to improve. One of the best things about Miro is that he explains his entire thinking process. No hiding behind "Brilliancy" or "Its just the best move" like most people. This  guy really taught me how to look at a position.  if your thinking of a chess coach,hes definitely the guy to pick. He'll go over Tactics and how to visualize further, he will help you to define your opening reportoire. Above all, he's very patient