Forums

Aronian versus Kramnik

Sort:
trysts

Okay then! It's a draw, so the score remains tied! The final game tomorrow and Aronian has the white piecesSmile

Kingpatzer

Is a draw for the match more disappointing for one player over the other, or should they both be happy with a drawn match if that is the result? 

jesterville

Actually, I believe they will both play for a draw...because there is nothing to gain for the added risk, and rating points to loose. This may sound crazy but I predict one more "Berlin"...or maybe the "Petrof"...looking forward to tomorrow's game...remember it's 2 hours earlier.

softgooch

Is the official website down for anyone else?

fabelhaft
Kingpatzer wrote:

Is a draw for the match more disappointing for one player over the other, or should they both be happy with a drawn match if that is the result? 

I'd guess both are content. Almost all short matches tend to be drawn anyway (see the recent Candidates matches). Maybe Aronian could be slightly more happy with a drawn match considering he won the rapid game, so if the match will be seen as having a winner it will be Aronian.

Charlotte

the final game has just started

trysts

I'm an idiot. I just woke up.Frown

Daeru

The opening is not usual. Aronian was afraid I guess.

trysts

Neat game!Smile 

trysts

Well that's it! An exciting final game is a draw, therefore the match is drawn 3-3 in the first ever match between two 2800s! 

rnunesmagalhaes

Was that Korchnoi yelling move suggestions during the post-game interview? That was amusing.

netzach

Korchnoi is nuts..

( In a an acceptable-way considering his age ) Smile

Twpsyn

Korchnoi is so funny, have you seen his my life in chess dvds?

i paraphrase:

Young people in every generation want to play the kings indian I don't know why.  They play because they have seen great players of the past play.  They follow the moves, they play with hand not brain.  I have many weapons against the kings indian and the classic do they despise me?

ivandh
rnunesmagalhaes wrote:

Was that Korchnoi yelling move suggestions during the post-game interview? That was amusing.

Korchnoi is awesome.

trysts

Well! This match has been very informative to me. There wasn't a winner in my mind, as the score indicated. I look at the rapid game as for fun, but I believe that we did see a very significant match in the history of chess! This week I was personally given a glimpse of how deeply these two players look into a position. No wonder they look tired after the game. I had so much fun! All the comments added to the excitement for me!Smile

Here's a super cool video I watched when I was high, so enjoy!Laughing

trysts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9D79aaauU&feature=related

trysts

Exactly!Wink 

jesterville

I predicted the overall outcome...as well as the Berlin being the last game. What I did not anticipate, was what a great game the final Berlin turned out to be...it was maybe the best game of the match (with game 3 maybe).

...I have been reading a lot of negative resposes on different sites, on hoe "boring" these games were...but I think people don't understand that this is not Basketball nor Football...it is what it is...

fabelhaft
jesterville wrote:

...I have been reading a lot of negative resposes on different sites, on hoe "boring" these games were...but I think people don't understand that this is not Basketball nor Football...it is what it is...

I don't think the match was boring in itself, partly because nothing was at stake. In the first game Kramnik played an inferior opening line he hadn't analysed and in the third game the leading Aronian went for a line with a very risky queen sacrifice with black rather than a more equal continuation. No such stuff if this had been a Candidates match.

At the same time a match with something at stake gets more exciting just by that fact, regardless of how "boring" the games might be. But for an exhibition I don't think there was much to complain about here.

fabelhaft

Aronian has only played minimatches up to six games, but of the 22 such matches he has played this century he hasn't lost a single one in classical. Including rapid/blitz he now has 19 wins and 3 losses.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1015372