Can Firouzja Alireza replace Magnus Carlsen in the coming two years ??

CongoratsUlost2me

But firouzja and esipenko have completely different style of play

rychessmaster1
neveraskmeforadraw wrote:

@rycjessmaster1 Firouzja is 17yo. Give him a break man. It's perfectly normal for such young super prodigies to have negative score against world champions, at such young age.. For example Fischer vs Tal, Carlsen vs Kasparov etc. Once these young prodigies reach their full potential, things tend to change.

I’m also 17.... tongue.png

rychessmaster1
neveraskmeforadraw wrote:

He's been consistently performing at 2800+ level, every single tournament. At the age of 17, I would say the kid is the real deal.

It’s because he picks on the under 2700 rated players and draws the over 2700s(and loses to magnus)

He can’t actually beat any of the worlds best in a match

Astrapios
CongoratsUlost2me wrote:

Hi there I was thinking about firouzja alireza can he really beat Magnus in the coming two years?

Comment your opinion down below in comments.

Hardly. That right has been reserved for me. 

llama47

Not in 2 years, but maybe someday. Carlsen was 2800 at age 18 IIRC... so being a young 2700 is a good start, but it will take a while to get on Carlsen's level.

MauriceEugene

Fide will never allow it

brianchesscake
MauriceEugene wrote:

Fide will never allow it

That's an interesting observation that FIDE is being financed and run by Western powers who regard Firouzja becoming champion as akin to Iran scoring a political victory. The forces that control the show behind the curtains would never allow this to happen for propoganda purposes.

llama47

Firouzja doesn't play under the Iranian flag. His success could be branded as the opposite of a political victory for Iran.

@MaruiceEugene might have been referencing the recent Tata event where his game was interrupted by arbiters.

fabelhaft

"FIDE is being financed and run by Western powers who regard Firouzja becoming champion as akin to Iran scoring a political victory"

FIDE is probably more connected to Russia than to the west, and Russia and Iran always had good relations. Not that I think any of that matters with regards to Firouzja.