Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
ilikeflags

wait.  who votes?  (lulz)

Joseph-S

Joseph-S

Joseph-S

So much for the voting picture I was going to use.

Twobit

I still believe it is an unfortunate, chimeric process: on the front end everyone is free to vote for 2-3 cycles, but at the end the winner is decided by past winners, MOST OF THEM ELECTED BY AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PROCESS. So it is part general election, part selection of a Supreme Court. I would not call this democratic. One should not be deterred from true democracy due to the presence of lobbying. A vote is a vote.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

I really think I'm going to be a footnote in a term project.

malko

It's now like a papal conclave

ilikeflags

as it should be.  most of you aren't smart enough to know.

DalaiLuke

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

HessianWarrior
DalaiLuke wrote:

this has got to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever been witness to ... I can't think of a close second.

Then you haven't looked at very many.

ilikeflags
DalaiLuke wrote:

look pal, a few of us already had you sussed out, but now you're really doing yourself in.  

zborg
DalaiLuke wrote:

What planet do you hail from?  CPOTM is the premier training ground for posting in all the other "general discussion" threads.  As a hot topic, it is only overshadowed (temporarily) by the thread "gg battle: a must read."

It's the closest thing to a perpetual motion machine so far developed on Chess.com, so post derogatory comments at your own risk.  You have been warned.  Laughing

DalaiLuke

(off to go check out gg battle and contemplate the meaning of life :)

trysts
DalaiLuke wrote:

Unbelievable. I think that comment is insubordination, or sedition, or something like that.

DalaiLuke

trysts, just a simple question ... what exactly is the degree of seriousness here?

ilikeflags
DalaiLuke wrote:

trysts, just a simple question ... what exactly is the degree of seriousness here?

come on dude

trysts
DalaiLuke wrote:

It's like a Master's degree in seriousness. 

ilikeflags

seriously

ilikeflags

TheGrobe
trysts wrote:
DalaiLuke wrote:

It's like a Master's degree in seriousness. 

I just checked -- I'm only three degrees of serious away from Kevin Bacon!