Forums

Chess Player of the Month April 2012

Sort:
Joseph-S
HessianWarrior wrote:
Joseph-S wrote:

To break the tie or not to break the tie, that is the question.  If I break the tie, I'm actually pushing one person off the stage.  If I don't break the tie, the person I'd choose gets in anyway.

Oh well, I have more time to savor this.

Just push someone off the stage and don't worry about it, I'm sure there is some safety net rule we haven't heard of yet.

Haha, yeah your probably right about that.   Laughing

trysts
electricpawn wrote:
trysts wrote:

How about a game of, "Guess how much this costs at the dollar store?"

Why does the cash register at the Dollar Store have more than one key?

I think the other keys are for texting.

electricpawn
trysts wrote:
electricpawn wrote:
trysts wrote:

How about a game of, "Guess how much this costs at the dollar store?"

Why does the cash register at the Dollar Store have more than one key?

I think the other keys are for texting.

Smile

Twobit

Two things:

CPOTM reminds me of american football (or was it baseball I read this about), that is long periods of idleness are being interrupted by short bursts of violence.

Second, this is the end of the month and we still do not know who the remaining candidates would be that still need to be voted on.

DalaiLuke

I believe the rule is as follows:

If, after numerous elimination, nomination and votes to stay, there is, at any stage herein or thereafter, a tie as defined by the universal rules of math, we shall declare the voting invalid, and thus start the entire procedure ... yada, yada, yada ... again!

See, I told you this voting was for 2013!

DalaiLuke

I vote for a shoot out!

Joseph-S
Joseph-S wrote:

To break the tie or not to break the tie, that is the question.  If I break the tie, I'm actually pushing one person off the stage.  If I don't break the tie, the person I'd choose gets in anyway.

Oh well, I have more time to savor this.

ProKnight said the suspense was killing him ... or something to that effect Wink, so here goes; to sum up everything I know about the two contestants, it comes down to a pretty face or a neck beard.

Charlotte_212

DrSpudnik

April's almost over. I can't believe this snoozefest is still croaking along.

Joseph-S
DrSpudnik wrote:

April's almost over. I can't believe this snoozefest is still croaking along.

Well, it's not as if we had something better to do.

Ruby-Fischer

Charlotte_212

DrSpudnik

Is there no beer left in the fridge?

AnnaZC

Charlotte_212

Joseph-S

It looks like it's Charlotte vs kco.

proKnight98

Since kco is safe from this next round of elimination round (due to him winning the Head of Nominees competition), now vote for either:

Charlotte_212      13

NimzoRoy     11

Congratulations Charlotte_212, you are going to advance on to the final round of voting! 

proKnight98

Now, it is time for the final voting round. Only list members and past winners will vote for this one.

List:

AfafBouardi

Atlantischess

Boletus_CZ

ciljettu

Charlotte_212     

Conquistador    

Count_Rugen

DrSpudnik     

electricpawn     

Estragon     

Firepower8

fricklefrat     

Gonnosuke

HessianWarrior

jonden07

Joseph-S     

kco     

Malko

NimzoRoy     

Ouachita

Pfren

ratatouie

theoreticalboy     

wafflemaster

woodshover

These aforementioned people, and past winners, will vote for the winner of CPOTM April from the cadidates:

kco

Charlotte_212

They each have one vote, and must MESSAGE me their vote (not post in forum), or else their vote will not be counted (no second tries). Voting ends May 1 11:59 PM Pacific. Remember, list members and past winners, you are voting for a winner.

TheGrobe

This new voting format is a big commitment for all of us to stay on top of each month.  I think I liked it better when there was only a nomination round and a voting round.

I've completely lost track of what's happening, but it could be because I've been drinking....

TheGrobe

Easily remedied, my friend.

proKnight98
TheGrobe wrote:

This new voting format is a big commitment for all of us to stay on top of each month.  I think I liked it better when there was only a nomination round and a voting round.

I've completely lost track of what's happening, but it could be because I've been drinking....

Would it help if I posted the voting rules in the first post? I could also try to make the voting a bit simpler.

TheGrobe

The second one -- what was that again?

TheGrobe

I think that there's a key element you're on to that's nipped the lobbying in the bud but that a bunch of the rest is extraneous and confusing.  Cut the fat from the lean and you've got a winner.