15715 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Do you know someone who needs to be mentioned? Well you've come to the right place. Join this month's Chess Player of the Month for June 2012! (aka CPOTM) The rules are that you can nominate anyone on chess.com for whatever reason. Whether it would be friendly, humor, or personality, they can be nominated. However, please try to keep is positive about your nominated person.
Each person can nominate up to two members. You HAVE TO SAY why you want to nominate he/she or you will be ignored. If a member that you want to nominate has already been nominated, do not say: "I second the nomination!" or "I etc. the nomination." However, you can say another reason why you think that person should be nominated. I cannot be nominated. You cannot nominate yourself. Those who have won the other CPOTM contests cannot be nominated again again. Also, in order to be a candidate, the candidate must have logged on to chess.com no more than one month before the current month on the thread.
The past winners are:
veggiegirlie, haddad56, deckers1066, Alan_Tudor, LisaV, heinzie, goldendog, ilikeflags,
AndyClifton, blackfirestorm666, batgirl, bigpoison, Kacparov, echecs06, TheGrobe, pdela,
oinquarki, corrijean, ozzie_c_cobblepot, trysts, kohai, chess_kebabs, STAR_egypt, ivandh, kco, electricpawn
so they cannot be nominated again.
After nominations are closed, voting will take place. The rules are as follows:
1. We will first have a vote-off to shorten the list, as many months the list is very long. The top vote-getters (I am not going to mention the number) will advance to step two.
2. There will now be another vote-off, but this time for a Head of Nominees winner. The Head of Nominees has the power to select two members from the list for elimination.
3. After the HON has selected two members to eliminate, there will be a vote-off for one of those selections the HON made to stay. For example, if the HON nominated “aa” and “bb”, everyone will vote for one of those members to continue in the running for CPOTM. The other will be eliminated. At this point, the list should be shortened to about three people.
4. After a member has been eliminated, there will be another competition for a new HON. This, however, will not be a vote-off, but a collection of questions sent to the remaining members of the list. The member with the most questions correct will become the new HON.
5. The HON will now once again select two members from the list for elimination. (since there should be only three members left, the two members not HON will the automatically selected) Now, there will be another vote-off for one of those members to stay.
6. Finally, after reducing this list into two remaining people, only past winners and list members for this month will vote for one of the two finalists to win.
To make voting and nominating easier for me, please keep posts or parts of posts related to nominating and voting in red.
I want to make it clear that there is no advertising to vote for one member for it will not be fair for the member(s) not advertised. Advertising includes:
1. posting on forums, blogs, notes, etc. to ask people to vote for a nominated person(s)
2. messaging members to ask people to vote for a nominated person(s), cannot be detected clearly, but will be suspicious
3. as simple as posting the link to this forum and posting a username with the link ("link" playerA!!!)
If you do advertise, you will be blocked until the end of this month AND next month, and the nominated player you have advertised will be removedfrom the list.
I want to make it clear that I do understand that I cannot control one's actions from advertising, but at the same time, they should always take a look at the first post of this thread. From now on I will not be responsible for your actions, so beware. "Spamming" will be taken seriously so if you "spam", you will be blocked after one warning until July 2012. This includes:
1. posting irrelevant pictures
2. posting irrelevant videos
It is now June so get ready to nominate! Any questions?
**Note: I have started another forum topic about CPOTM discussions where you are allowed to discuss about CPOTM, post pictures etc., while the nomination and voting process is going on. The name of the forum is: CPOTM June 2012 Discussion Forum
Because of this, keep in mind that this specific forum topic (Chess Player of the Month June 2012) will no longer be allowed to have pictures, etc. It will only contain nominations, votes, and any questions/mistakes in voting about CPOTM June.
This is a new idea and I'm trying it out.
Yay! I vote for everybody!!
Alright you guys. Let's get the nominations started. Nominations close June 9th 11:59 PM Pacific.
Nominations close June 9th 11:59 PM Pacific.
I think I want to nominate IM pfren for being completely frank(if you don't know what that means, look it up) having a sence of humor and actually playing chess too, not just posting here in the forums.
Extra-credit for boldness.
I want to nominate @dww7592 for being a great friend and a good challenge to play against. And I also want to nominate @Exzarion for also being a good friend and improving his game.
I nominate AnnaZC because I like the jokes she's posted. IM pfren because I like his comments on members' games.
I made it red for you.
Nominate joeydvivre for logic in refuting bad positions.
I nominate theoreticalboy for why do I need to even say? I'm astonished that I managed to win before he did. Anyway, he's funny and awesome and a lego pirate, nuff said.
I also nominate mrguy for being a canuck.
I nominate Joseph-S for his pictures and for being nice and funny.
I nominate TheUltimateChampion for his helping behaviour and teaching aid to novice and beginners......also because of his super chess playing techniques.....i nominate him
I nominate Hessian Warrior for his knowledge of classic rock and esp. Bob Dylan. I nominate Theoreticalboy out of spite!
I nominate Gilligoone She is good at chess.
I nominate wormrose for his work with the groups; 1...g6 Modern Defence, Pirc Defence Group and 1...g6 Sniper. They have certainly helped me to improve my knowledge of these openings and my chess overall.
Will also second the nomination of joeydvivre. He talks sense. Enough said.
please do not accept the Gadaffi nomination (Bernard Parham)
Here is how you get to 2000+ live blitz on chess.com
by MyRatingis1523 a few minutes ago
by batgirl 10 minutes ago
Do I have the potential to be a GM one day??
by StephenCorelli 11 minutes ago
LOL Nakamura's hat
by ChessOfPlayer 11 minutes ago
9/29/2016 - Occupying The Escape Square
by breidi 12 minutes ago
by GodsPawn2016 16 minutes ago
by Destroyer_Mark_1420 20 minutes ago
Checkmate in 5+ moves Puzzle Books
by RussBell 21 minutes ago
why people love Ruy Lopez?
by slowdeath22 25 minutes ago
Would a 2500 have a chance against a 2857?
by spawkle529 29 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
Try the new Chess.com!
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!