Forums

Chess Player of the Month May 2012

Sort:
Twobit

It is interesting that whenever nothing is going on, instead of group hug and brotherly (sisterly) rejoicing negative emotions take hold.

The_Gavinator

pfren kicks ass

electricpawn

ciljettu wrote:

No netzach, it is not myself to blame. I was not the one to drag this issue into the personal. Remember that. Only a saint continues to turn the other cheek after being insulted for a month.

Not content with taking the mickey for my size, trysts now wants to drag my family into this. Ludicrous really, since we get on swimmingly together. I guess her own train wreck of a life must have made her quite bitter. 

electricpawn

However you spin your egotistical narrative, you become more annoying and unsympathetic with each additional comment. Let it go.

Janosik

I think it is safe to say that the chess player of the month will be the winner of the World Chess Championship Match in Moscow, right?:)

goldendog

That makes no sense.

zborg
electricpawn wrote:

However you spin your egotistical narrative, you become more annoying and unsympathetic with each additional comment. Let it go.

@Ciljettu is a full tilt diva, and zealot.  After 3 months of mayhem on the site, he still can't understand that his diehard prejudices for covert misogyny and homophobia can't become "respectable" positions in these forums.

But he continues to proselytize, like those Korean converts, who ride the U.S. subways, singing Christian songs during rush hours.

No amount of reasoning, pleading, or insulting him, can induce a reassessment on his part.  So he keeps blasting away at his detractors, either real or imagined, and they keep multiplying.  Apparently, this feeds his self image.  Then the process repeats.

He's a slow motion train wreck.  Good chess player, though.

The following two quotes from @Ciljettu partly explain his context--

"I have played at various Olympiads for Malta."

"I so miss my country! You cannot imagine how vast are the cultural differences compared to the UK."

Both quotes are from the "Myth about Improving" thread, posts #93 and #95.  

Ruby-Fischer

Napoleon complex

zborg

Thank you for validating my post, your Lordship.

Indeed, you come off a lot saner when only a petty nationalist, and disgruntled expatriot.

But you wear so many other hats in these forums, your variety could fill another thread in it's own right.  Such an emotional polymath.  We are not worthy.

TheGrobe

I wouldn't even dare speculate....

zborg

Nope. CT scans that track increased blood flow to various parts of the brain strike me as akin to the old practice of tongue mapping.  Lots of idle speculation in both.  But that's not my field.

Your field is dead tissue, is it not?  That seems like how you treat other people in these forums.  But perhaps I mispoke?

zborg

According to your profile.  You're just an innocent guy who likes treadmills.  And what could be wrong with that?

But an exquisite irony is that you hold fast (and hard) to an "Anglocentric" worldview of science, denying the label of "scientific" even to those Medical Doctors who go on to study and practice psychiatry.  That's what I meant by "pinheaded."

You might "try on" a more European concept of science, even an Italian one, which is "science as systematic study."  That way the rest of the Arts and Sciences, and Humanities, all participate in our Human Conversation.  A conversation in which you appear largely tone deaf.

Have a nice day.

TheGrobe
ciljettu wrote:

I am always willing to bury the hatchet and start afresh, but if people keep throwing crap at me when I am not a saint.

Fixed that for you.

HessianWarrior

You know what would be interesting for CPOTM. Not only does everyone have two positive votes for candidates they also would get two negative votes for candidates. They would not cancel each other but would accumulate seperately. One winner and one loser. I am only saying it would be interesting.

ivandh

It would be interesting if you would lay this creepy little twerp down Hess. I know you've got it in you.

theoreticalboy

Hess has surely presented the most wonderfully misanthropic idea in CPOTM history, and I salute him for it.

HessianWarrior
ciljettu wrote:

I'm here to stay sunshine.

Get used to it

So you keep yapping because you like the abuse?

Conquistador
ciljettu wrote:
HessianWarrior wrote:
ciljettu wrote:

Get used to it

I don't bully easily. I'm not gonna let a bunch of illiberal liberals stop me from expressing my opinion.

Illiberal liberals?

You can't write this stuff.

HessianWarrior
ciljettu wrote:
HessianWarrior wrote:
ciljettu wrote:

Get used to it

I don't bully easily. I'm not gonna let a bunch of illiberal liberals stop me from expressing my opinion.

Quit giving your opinion Wilbur when you are out numbered 30 to 1, pick your fights where you aren't surrounded.

batgirl

Wilbur?

This forum topic has been locked