Forums

Female vs. Male Chess Players

Sort:
Mandy711

@bob_stew Well explained. Males are both the best and the worst. Females in between. 

JoshoewaG
soothsayer8 wrote:
JoshoewaG wrote:

P.s. To be precise men aren't left-brained dominant, men use both sides of their brain equally wheras women use the right more and the left less

I don't think that's true...

It is true, it's baic Psychology :P (btw I don't just read stuff on the internet,  actually study psychology)

JoshoewaG
KenyDurant wrote:
JoshoewaG wrote:

Men are left-brained dominant, which on average gives us superior (albeit only slightly) visio-spatial awareness, logic and puzzle-solving skills. This is only an average of course, and may only be a contributing factor as opposed to a definitive reason, but it's the only explanation I've ever been able to come up with.

P.s. To be precise men aren't left-brained dominant, men use both sides of their brain equally wheras women use the right more and the left less

Is that the reason why women generally learn to read and have quicker language learning skills at a young age?

Possibly

billyblatt
Legally-Blonde wrote:

What did Cyndi Lauper say ?

girls jus wanna move pawns...aaahhh-ooooo-awwwww

I come home in the morning light,
My mother says "When you gonna learn to win with white?"
Oh,mother,dear,
When my rating is right

Laughing

UnknownGone

Males are on average more intelligent then women and on average, statistics show male players are on average better plays and that men are more interested in Chess. How many World Renown GMs like Garry Kasparov do you know that is female? o.o - Every women I've ever asked to play Chess with always turns me down ;( - Not because of the obvious lol but because not many women I have met like Chess either. Could be wrong, but hey! That is just my two cents worth!

FonzMcBride

Excellent topic, very interesting , it is high time someone asked this question for the 50th time. I can’t wait not to have any answer ,again ,after 400  replies.

UnknownGone
FonzMcBride wrote:

Excellent topic, very interesting , it is high time someone asked this question for the 50th time. I can’t wait not to have any answer ,again ,after 400  replies.

Are you telling me you are not happy with people responding to your post?

FonzMcBride
RisingGrounds wrote:
FonzMcBride wrote:

Are you telling me you are not happy with people responding to your post?

No,I am telling you this question has been asked many times before ,check the archive ,it always ends the same ,a lot of waffle ,some fighting ,no answer.

PortugueseGuy

So, let me see if I got this...

We have people saying...

• Men use more the left side of the brain than women do, and men's brains are bigger, giving them an advantage at chess;
  • There aren't as many women playing chess as men, because they aren't as interested in chess as men, and even those who are, aren't normally so interested in competition;
  • Historical sexist viewpoints may have contributed to women's dislike for sports;
  • Fun stuff like "Girls just wanna have fun", "girls jus [sic] wanna move pawns...", and "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

I believe that here we have a good resume of all that's been said over the past 13 hours.

By the way, just 2 more questions:

1. Who is/was Cyndi Lauper?
  2. What do you mean by referring to the "2 cents"?

Thanks in advance for answers to these too!

UnknownGone
manfredmann wrote:
RisingGrounds wrote:

Males are on average more intelligent then women and on average, statistics show male players are on average better plays and that men are more interested in Chess. How many World Renown GMs like Garry Kasparov do you know that is female? o.o - Every women I've ever asked to play Chess with always turns me down ;( - Not because of the obvious lol but because not many women I have met like Chess either. Could be wrong, but hey! That is just my two cents worth!

Well RisingGrounds,

You're not following the details of the discussion, but that's your right. So,  good luck to you in finding a spouse who agrees with you that "males are on average more intelligent than women." The "on average" weasle words injected into your statement allows you to say, "Well, of course not YOU dear -  you are the exception. You are special, which is why I chose YOU above all others. I'll treat you like a Queen! We will be equals in all decision making. Of course, the other women in the world I'll treat like the mediocre intellects that I think they are." And if she then asks what opinion you will hold of your future daughter's intelligence? I suppose you could first say "I thought we were only having sons?" and then answer truthfully "Well, only time will tell" But then, she thinks, on average, the prospects are not good - he thinks that our daughters will just clean the house and have babies. If we have a son, he will be given all the opportunities and will become a doctor or lawyer.

Does that seem too harsh? I don't think so. Your attitude is harmful to women, it has no basis in fact, drawing only on the traditions (self-agrandizing delusions) of prior male-dominated societies.

As far as chess is concerned, you are personally going to get your butt whipped by alot of women and even some little girls. That is unless you never venture into the arena.

I see your love for women. I see how you are deeply hurt about what I have said. I see how you are understanding what I have said.

Let me say something: I do apologize if I seem "abusive" I do not intend to be. I was merely stating my opinion. If this has offended you please, I do wish you would forgive me. I am not saying Man > Women, In some cases Women don't need Men as much as Men need women, What I am saying is, Someone asked which is better at Chess Male or Females? In my opinion I believe Males. I did not mean to strike any chords of resentment. Forgive me please.

alberto_huerta

It would be ridiculous  to compare level chess of an actual GM female player against Morphy, Capablanca or Lasker (in terms of openings, endgames, strategic plans or tactics). It's on the chess world to decide if they want to advance or not as we are well retarded compared to science, politics and art. Our situation only can be compared to religion. Even sport and physical tasks ( the one men are ahead, as women are needed to procreate) are well ahead of chess.

Or back to hunt and search food all the day?

alberto_huerta

2600  man vs 2600 woman. Mmmmm   would have to see the rating ! haha.

clms_chess

PortugueseGuy asked:

1. Who is/was Cyndi Lauper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyndi_Lauper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_two_cents

"Giving my 2 cents worth"... just another one of a million american idioms/saying... this one just means.... too humbly give your little opinion about something... and thats just what i did :)

BishopCannons

You mean, men vs women, right?  Unless in a science setting, references to males and females are for animals, not people.

No one enters a restaurant asking where the, "Males room", is.

Si-Eric

Men are just way better than the ladies!!!

PortugueseGuy
clms_chess wrote:

PortugueseGuy asked:

Who is/was Cyndi Lauper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyndi_Lauper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_two_cents

"Giving my 2 cents worth"... just another one of a million american idioms/saying... this one just means.... too humbly give your little opinion about something... and thats just what i did :)

OK, thanks for the information, clms_chess! I liked that "2 cents" thing. I think I may start to use it. I usually also like to be humble in my opinions...

UnknownGone
theheatison wrote:

Go one better. 2600 Core i7 Using Houdini3 ? - Flawless.

UnknownGone
RisingGrounds wrote:
theheatison wrote:

Go one better. 2600 Core i7 Using Houdini3 ? - Flawless.

Go one better. * ELO - Jesus Christ - Perfect.

cleocamy

"Excellent topic, very interesting , it is high time someone asked this question for the 50th time. I can’t wait not to have any answer ,again ,after 400  replies."

I doubt that you will ever get an acceptable reply. Any answer to such a question is tainted with too much political BS to be meaningful. In fact, it may be detrimental to even ask or openly discuss such matters. Some deranged feminist in some Women's Studies department could zero in on this very forum and advocate for a law that reduces chess to "a non competative game that celebrates our diversity" or promotes "women's way of knowing". Capturing a piece or formulating a stratedy might be deemed rape and be punished by severe criminal penalties.

Don't think it can happen? When was the last time you ever saw a kid with a cap gun or who played tag at recess? Best to try to keep chess under the gender war radar for as long as we can.

Nicholas_Shannon80

You could make the same analysis with americans... Why are american players not contending for the world championships anymore- male or female?