Forums

How did you choose your username?

Sort:
VULPES_VULPES

Hey! I'm very curious about how you came up with your username, and why you chose it. I've been seeing very diverse usernames around chess.com, and the question has been on my mind for so long, I just HAD TO get an answer.

I tell you mine: VULPES VULPES is the latin name for the common red fox, my favorite animal.

What in your username? 

AlCzervik

I let my cat walk on the keyboard.

VULPES_VULPES
TMIMITW wrote:

Really?

AnnaZC
TMIMITW wrote:

and beer, Ron the Don, cat and beerTongue out

AlCzervik
AnnaZafi wrote:
TMIMITW wrote:

and beer, Ron the Don, cat and beer

Hell, no! The brews are always guarded!

VULPES_VULPES

Okay can we be serious here? I asked an open question, expecting answers. This is not the place to troll.

nightempler
VULPES_VULPES wrote:

Hey! I'm very curious about how you came up with your username, and why you chose it. I've been seeing very diverse usernames around chess.com, and the question has been on my mind for so long, I just HAD TO get an answer.

I tell you mine: VULPES VULPES is the latin name for the common red fox, my favorite animal.

What in your username? 

nightempler
[COMMENT DELETED]
nightempler
[COMMENT DELETED]
nightempler
[COMMENT DELETED]
AndTheLittleOneSaid

Haven't quite figured out how to quote in a post properly though, eh? Wink

SandyJames

I was afraid of a back rank mate so I chose that as my user name. Wink

StevenBailey13

Nickname.

Markle

I simply chose myfirst name since after trying about 25 different names and getting the same answer that user name is already taken it seemed the easiest way to go.

netzach

nightempler blackballed for spamming.

IrrationalTiger
VULPES_VULPES wrote:

Okay can we be serious here? I asked an open question, expecting answers. This is not the place to troll.

Knightvanguard

In the glossary of Bruce Phandolfini's book Pandolfini's Chess Challenges I found this word: crosspin.  It means: crosspin is when you nullify a pin against you by pinning the enemy attacker.  

I thought that would be neat to be able to do in a game, but so far I have never had such a position occur.  I thought I would like to be a crosspinner. So the name came into being. 

IrrationalTiger

crosspinner, I guess you might appreciate this study, even though it's irrelevant to the thread's topic and it's not actually a crosspin.  White to play and win.

AnnaZC

that is a good puzzle piece, pins and diagonals, thanks

TheGrobe

With a battered wish you hoped that the monkey wore a tie
But it's no surprise to find he don't