Forums

How did you choose your username?

Sort:
Spassky69
I admire Spassky's "universal style" and classical sense of style.
So I took his name and paired it with the year he became world champion.
He's not my favorite player; that's Petrosian! (Yes, I do have a sense of irony!)
But at that time, I was playing 1...e5 a lot and Spassky played this as well... He seems a good model for an improving player: focus on tactics, the attack, classical style in that he also played 1...d5 in response to d4.
astronomer29

I like astronomy so the picture is of me and my telescope, the 29 is year when Edwin Hubble calibrated the size of the universe - minus the 1900.

The_Hairy_Gorilla

When me moved Banana Falls, me immediately noticed NO GORILLA BARBERS in me neck of the woods, so me chose name The_Hairy_Gorilla.
End of banana. 

Dookieblast69
It was my mothers name.
IamNoMaster

I looked at my 789 fide rating and my inability to every become good at chess and came up with it within 3 seconds of my super worthy time.

TheBassPlayer250
I play the bass.
Stolen_Authenticity

My 'handle' came from a "Jim Jarmusch" quote, I liked.

ChessOfPlayer

Take a guess.

You are probably correct!

ncnb

I really didn't get mine, my dad picked

Bramblyspam

I've used this name for a couple decades or so, in lots of different places online. I didn't originate it, but it's unique and sounds cool (at least to me), and I've never found it to be taken by anyone else. Wink

Originally the name came from a roleplaying game. Someone had given a halfling a really weird name (for a halfling), and a friend of a friend said "What kind of name is that? A halfling should be named something like Bramblyspam".

So there ya go, I've used the name ever since. And I'm not even short.