Forums

hurt/heal next 2700 player

Sort:
J_Weil

Hurt (-1) Heal (+1) players you think belong on this forum who have never reached 2700 comment below :).

Hou Yifan 10

Markus Ragger 10

Shekyar Ganguly 10

Vladislav Artimev 10

Sam Shankland 10

Baskaran Adhiban 10

J_Weil

I wanted to add Jan Gustafssen to this mix but not sure he quite fits being that he is largely inactive.

G_kadas

My guess would be Hou Yifan. as the womens world champion alone she get huge support from her country and invites to tournaments. She is financially stable as any top 20 player solely form the game so in general she just has more opprotunity to reach 2700 than the others do.

G_kadas

Hurt: Ganguly. despite his immense strength, he's getting older and his form is steady and of course when in great form can play some 2700 chess but that is only occasional and the older  he gets the less we'll see that form most likely but his not terribly old so being in the 2600s for years to come seems the norm.

I'd like to add jan-krzysztof duda. right now above 2650 and is one of the fastest improving juniours 

101_josh

Heal: Ragger. The guy is one win or luck draw against someone 2650 from being 2700, its really just choosing his next tournament carefully to enter.

Hurt: Shankland. To be 2700 you gotta win some stupid strong (2550+ average, give or take 100) consistently and actually winning tournaments isnt something you hardly see from him. who knows because his performance at the olympiad was awesome and not really saying he'll never hit it bt of everyone mentioned, he's less likely to get it next.

Robert_New_Alekhine

Hurt Ragger Heal Yifan. 

HughMyersh4

I'd add Duda too...then hurt him. he's promising like the rest but hasn't truly stood out like the others here have.

Heal: Artimev. Very young and already so talented and from a nation that really supports their promising players in every way.

Boyangzhao

Hou Yifan 10

Markus Ragger 11

Shekyar Ganguly 9

Vladislav Artimev 10

Sam Shankland 9

Baskaran Adhiban 10

Jan-Krzysztof Duda 10

Robert_New_Alekhine

Wait...doesn't Hou Yifan have 12? 

Robert_New_Alekhine

AND, I hurt Ragger. 

Robert_New_Alekhine

Hou Yifan 12

Markus Ragger 10

Shekyar Ganguly 9

Vladislav Artimev 11

Sam Shankland 9

Baskaran Adhiban 10

Jan-Krzysztof Duda 9

Robert_New_Alekhine

CURRENT STANDINGS

HughMyersh4

why does duda have 19 ?

Robert_New_Alekhine

Should be 9. Edited. 

S_Mariott

Heal: Ragger

Hurt:Duda. belonging to the least supprotive and known country of the people on this list he has very little opprotunity.

J_Weil

Thanks for the update robert.

J_Weil

Heal Yifan

Hurt Duda

Boyangzhao

Hou Yifan 13

Markus Ragger 11

Shekyar Ganguly 9

Vladislav Artimev 11

Sam Shankland 9

Baskaran Adhiban 10