Immaturity on this site

bhumikaG
I would never resign.. it’s seems unsportsmanlike.. give ur best effort and stay till the end.. every game is a learning experience
Alkijotoy

Because chess.com is not serious site.

Alkijotoy

YES

Alkijotoy

There aren't any serious correspondence chess players here.

Alkijotoy

both things are related

EndgameStudier
BrianBalint wrote:

Why are the majority of players on this site immature and so resistant to accepting losses in games (that really don't matter.) They don't affect and licensed rating agency - it's really just a game for fun. Their etiquette is non-existent. I was taught, if you are down material (-3) or down position in a friendly game, the etiquette is to resign. Granted, some games are more objective and down 3 can be a win. But most -3 games are a pure loss. However, on this site rarely do people resign. I had a game the other day, I was +25. The other player didn't resign. I had more than half my time remaining, he decided to run and time out. I wish this was an outlier, however, this is far too common. This kind of immaturity never happens in OTB games. The majority of people are never like this face to face! I get it that this is a worldwide accessed site, but seriously - are people really this immature on the inside?  

So you're saying I should resign if I am down a bishop but have an excellent position and passed pawns? That's ridiculous. I am the type that will resign if I know the position is completely lost even if my opponent has 20 seconds left, because it the right thing to do. What I can't stand is in positions like this:

It's a dead draw and I have 10 seconds and my opponent has 11, and he wins because we both make premoves the whole time. I don't understand why positions like this are not immediately declared a draw by the site. There is absolutely no way to win, it is essentially insufficient material, stalemate, repetition, and 50 move rule all combined into one. And then you'll get a position like this against a player 500 points higher than you and he wins and uses this to say how playing lower rated players is too easy. No common sense.

Luis_Fonsi

OHHHHHHHHHHH ROASTED

CalpiognaChess

On classical chess normally you have more time to think, so at a certain point you resign. It depends on the position and on the opponent. For example your opponent played a very solid game and if I loose some material probably after a while I will resign. In blitz it is completely different, because you don't have the time to understand the position, and then you move quickly. Normally when I have a clear minus in my position in a blitz, I just continue till the end. Don't forget that in chess there is also the stalemate and the possibility to draw by time.

AlCzervik
EndgameStudier wrote:

What I can't stand is in positions like this:

It's a dead draw and I have 10 seconds and my opponent has 11, and he wins because we both make premoves the whole time. I don't understand why positions like this are not immediately declared a draw by the site. There is absolutely no way to win, it is essentially insufficient material, stalemate, repetition, and 50 move rule all combined into one. And then you'll get a position like this against a player 500 points higher than you and he wins and uses this to say how playing lower rated players is too easy. No common sense.

perhaps the lesson is better time management so you don't get yourself in that position? 

time controls are there for a reason. and it's you who chooses the time.

ghost_of_pushwood

Well, I certainly am glad they booted the guy who posted "Dust in the Wind."

AlCzervik

you prefer boston?

ghost_of_pushwood

Heck yeah!  They used to practice right on out in the streets! grin.png

Marooda
So not giving up is immature? 🤔
medogemmy

I hate that people resign once u eat the queen

varelse1

Which site on the internet, are people not immature??

That's the site I am looking for!

AlCzervik
varelse1 wrote:

Which site on the internet, are people not immature??

That's the site I am looking for!

hehe!

ghost_of_pushwood

YouTube!  It's like the Supreme Court deliberating sometimes!

52yrral

Unbelievably rude,crude and lame