My opinion of best chess players

NagSuvan

1. Bobby Fisher

Robert was born  9 March 1943 and died at 2008 17 January. He is easily one of the greatest chess players to ever live. He beat Spassky in the 1972 world championships. The legend laughed when Addison moved 1.e4 d5.

2. Gary Kasparov

Kasparov was born on the 13th of April,1963. He was world champion from 1985-2000. His score against Karpov is 37 wins ,25 losses ,105 draws. His IQ is literally 190!!

3. Magnus Carlsen

Carlsen born 30 November 1990 is the youngest ever to become a world champion. He was 18 when he was world champion. He won to Anand in 2013 for the title. He is the highest rated player ever. His peak rating is 2882. He became a grandmaster at the age of 13!!

4. Anatoly Karpov

Karpov born 25 May 1951 was a world chess champion from 1975-1985 until Kasparov defeated him. He was pretty much the best chess player of all time if there was no Kasparov. He was 19 when he was a Grandmaster.

5. Capablanca

Capablanca was born 19th November 1888 and died 1942 8th March. He was world champion in 1921 where he beat Emanuel Lasker then lost it to Alexander Alekhine in 1927. He is widely renowned for his exceptional endgame skill and speed of play.

6. Spassky

Spassky Born 30th January 1937 is a famous chess player mainly known for the 1972 match against Fisher. He was world champion from 1969 to 1972. He is the tenth world chess champion.

7. Alexander Alekhine 

Alekhine was born 31 October 1892 and died at 24 March 1946. He became world champion in 1927 when he beat Capablanca but then lost it to Max Eue in 1935. He won it back in 1937 but he unfortunately died in 1946.

8. Viswanathan Anand

Anand was born in 11 December 1969. Vishy is a Indian chess grandmaster and a former world chess champion. He is one of the few players who surpassed the elo rating of 2800. He was world champion. Anand is a five time world champion. Nasa named a planet after him called 4538 Vishy Anand.

9. Mikhail Tal

Tal was born in 1936 9 November and died in 28 June 1992. He was world champion from 1960-1961 when he beat Botvinnik. He is known for being a tactical genius.

10. Paul Morphy

Morphy was born 22 June 1837 and died in 10 July 1884. Most people will say that he played against not so good players which is true but there was no such thing as theory or anything in the 1800s.

Honorable Mentions  

Vladimir Kramnik

Wilhelm Steinitz

Mikhail Botvinnik

Emanuel Lasker

What do you think say your opinion in the comments

snoozyman

Pretty good. My top 10.

1. Bobby Fischer

2. Paul Morphy

3. Magnus Carlsen

4. Garry Kasparov

5. Mikhail Tal

6. Jose Raul Capablanca

7. Alexander Alekhine

8. Vishwanathan Anand

9. Anatoly Karpov

10. Emanuel Lasker

Woollysock
Why isn’t Viktor Korchnoi on this list , he certainly belongs on it
cristiangeb1

My Top.

1. Paul Morphy

2. Bobby Fischer

3.Garry Kasparov

4. Capahkine 

5. Karpov

6. Lasker

7. Botvinnik

8. Magnus c

barondali

Cool! I think Mir Sultan Khan might deserve an honorable mention, maybe Tigran Petrosian needs a spot somewhere on the list too happy.png

GM_Diamond

LetsPlay226

@ Woolysock a good option👍 i agree with you

fabelhaft

”Carlsen born 30 November 1990 is the youngest ever to become a world champion. He was 18 when he was world champion”

Kasparov is the youngest ever to become World Champion, Carlsen wasn’t 18 when he won the title.

I wonder why Spassky is 6th while Botvinnik and Lasker only ended up as the last of the honourable mentions...

mpaetz

one man's opinion:

1  Capablanca--some of his games are  close to perfect 

2  Botvinnik--held on to the world championship for years when he was past the peak of his powers. Unfortunate that his prime years were the 1940s when top-flight chess was nonexistent due to WWII

3  Morphy--outclassed the rest of the world's best players by a wider margin than anyone else, ever, even though chess was only a an idle amusement for him.

4  Lasker--longest-reigning world champion, top player into old age.

5  Tal--just because I enjoy his games so much and no one else could play like him.

6  Tarrasch--systemetized theory of positional play, started "school" that defined chess for decades. Was acknowledged to be the world's best player but couldn't take time off from his job to play for the world championship so he sent his top pupil, Lasker.

7  Carlsen--clearly the best in today's ultra-strong, ultra-competetive collection of top GMs. Should move up the list if he is able to keep it up for a while longer.

8  Alekhine--creative, brilliant, exciting. Some doubt about him because of his "bum of the month club" defense of his title.

9  Fischer--was able to overcome the mighty Soviet school of chess single handed. His "I'm taking my trophy and going home to hide" attitude leads one to wonder if he could have sustained his brilliance.

10  Kasparov--the best of the rest, by a slim margin over a host of top contenders.

Honorable mention: (in no particular order) Steinitz, Smyslov, Petrosian, Karpov, Kramnik, Spassky, Korchnoi, Chigorin, Keres, Philidor. And several present-day world-class GMs still have most of their careers ahead of them, so we have to reserve judgement for now.

NagSuvan
fabelhaft wrote:

”Carlsen born 30 November 1990 is the youngest ever to become a world champion. He was 18 when he was world champion”

i mean 22 years

Kasparov is the youngest ever to become World Champion, Carlsen wasn’t 18 when he won the title.

I wonder why Spassky is 6th while Botvinnik and Lasker only ended up as the last of the honourable mentions...

adhirajGM2025

Bobby Fischer is best in my opinion

jrcapablanca_2

My top ten 1:capablanca 2: bobby fischer 3:kasparov 4:carlsen 5:lasker 6:karpov 7:botvinik 8:anand 9:tal 10:morphy

quietheathen1st
fabelhaft wrote:

yeah lol 

i cant even tell if this is about how strong they are, or how important they were. 

Infinite_Blitz

Bruh how dare you you forgot me!!!!!