Forums

Spacial Invisionment?

Sort:
victhestick

People say the best chess players have a talent for spacial invisionment, they think "out of the box"

At what point does "out of the box" mean lunatic fringe?

Total insanity?

liquidluck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial-temporal_reasoning

It is also said that men have more talent for spatial envisionment than women. As a female endowed with a great deal of spatial envisionment... you'd think I'd play a better game of chess.

Here you can test the sex of your brain... it includes spatial tests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/index_cookie.shtml

1. what is your definition of lunatic fringe?

2. what is your definition of total insanity?

theseeker88
Hmmm... Interesting. Very interesting.
trysts
victhestick wrote:

Total insanity?

Whenever you play the King's gambitLaughing

oinquarki
victhestick wrote:

Always.

oinquarki
trysts wrote:

Whenever you play the King's gambit

Heck yeah!

W12ard

So the test says: I like female faces more than male face. Emagine the confusion if it said the other way around. What would I tell my wife.

theseeker88

I have taken the test twice... there is section specifically about spatial envisionment... it's where you rotate geometric shapes in your head and pick two of the four that match the original shape. There are 12 problems... both times I got 10 of 12... I really think I should play a better game of chess. Or maybe I should be architect...

If you scored 10 - 12: Are you an engineer or do you have a science background? People with these skills tend to score in this range. Past studies have concluded that people in this range have a more male brain.

theseeker88

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

For those of us that think and feel... we are schizophrenic. And the world is all too real...

theseeker88

It's open season...