Forums

susan polgar

Sort:
fabelhaft

Paul Truong is the husband of Susan Polgar.

SeniorPatzer
kindaspongey wrote:

"... As part of the settlement, Polgar and Truong, have agreed to never contest the USCF Executive Board's action in revoking their USCF memberships; acknowledge that they are no longer members of the USCF or members of the USCF Executive Board; agree to never seek, run for, or accept a leadership position in the USCF; and will never contest the Delegate's actions that ratified the decisions of the USCF Executive Board at the August 2009 Annual Delegates Meeting. ..." - USCF site (2010)

Wow.  That's harsh punishment.   I wonder what happened.  

kindaspongey

Accounts of the matter did find their way into nonchess publications. It is probably possible to find some details with google or something. There is a 2008 billwall account at chess.com.

fabelhaft

I always found Polgar & Truong to be very, let's say, interested in selling a good story :-) Truong claims to have learnt chess age 5 and become National Champion the same year. Impressive enough if it had been National Champion for some age group, but no, he was National Champion, period :-)

Polgar has been calling herself Triple Crown World Champion since forever, and the Rapid/Blitz "World Championship" she won was a weekend tournament arranged by her dad at their home, without Chinese participants. 

macer75
fabelhaft wrote:

Paul Truong is the husband of Susan Polgar.

Ok... so why is it that Chris can't be unbiased since Susan and Paul are "friends"?

kindaspongey

"I can't exactly be unbiased here since Susan and Paul are friends. ..." - ChrisWainscott

I thought that ChrisWainscott was indicating that Susan and Paul are friends of ChrisWainscott.

macer75
kindaspongey wrote:

"I can't exactly be unbiased here since Susan and Paul are friends. ..." - ChrisWainscott

I thought that ChrisWainscott was indicating that Susan and Paul are friends of ChrisWainscott.

Oh, I see... makes sense now.

ChrisWainscott
Yes, they are friends of mine.

So even though I don't find that to affect my ability to be unbiased others will not see it that same way.
El_Oval

Staff, just rename the topic to "what StupidGM thinks about this and that."

macer75
El_Oval wrote:

Staff, just rename the topic to "what StupidGM thinks about this and that."

Or rename it to "Chaos ensues after Macer bumps a 5 year old thread by a legendary OP."