Forums

Wesley So's Schedule

Sort:
BW-SugarDom

1.   2010 Asian Continental Chess Championship in April 20-30 2010 @ Subic.

2.   2010  BATTLE OF GRANDMASTERS  May 24 - 31 2010  Tagaytay City

3. Jun 20 - 30 ASIAN BATTLE OF GRANDMASTERS Manila (to be confirmed)

4.   "Rising Star Vs. Experience" 11th-23rd of August  2010   NH Grand Hotel Kransnapolsky in Amsterdam

5.   World Chess Olympiad 2010 Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia 19-Sep-2010   
      4-Oct-2010

6.   2010 SPICE Cup  October 28 - November 7,  2010.  Texas Tech University, Texas, USA.

7.  16th Asian Games 2010 Guangzhou , China 12-Nov-2010 27-Nov-2010 

Besides those tournaments, Wesley may play in Europe on July. It's gonna be strong closed European tournament. No details available yet. There's also a proposed Wesley So vs Anish Giri 6-game match, but nothing concrete yet.

BW-SugarDom

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/barangay-wesley

Click link above to learn more about GM Wesley So

BW-SugarDom

The coming tournament this 20th is a very strong tournament, with chess powerhouses China and India sending some of their best players. The top 4 will qualify for the World Cup.

BW-SugarDom

Tongue out I'll persuade him, if chess.com makes a new article featuring Wesley.

BW-SugarDom

5 days to Asian Individual Championships. With top Asian players such as Ni Hua, Yifan Hou, Sasikiran and the hotstreaking Le Quang Liem of Vietnam.

radcat

Does anyone know if there will be coverage of the AIC? Thanks.

BW-SugarDom

Oh, i forgot to add the strong Dubai Asian Club championships. Last year Wesley won gold on board one ahead of Karjakin.

mysql

"After the Asian Continental in Subic, Wesley will play in the Battle of GMs to be held in Tagaytay on May 24-30.

Next will be the Asian battle of GMs, were top GMs from China, India, Khazakstan,Vietnam and the Philippines schedule for June 20-30.

Wesley will play in Biel chess festival in Switzerland on July 18-28. He will play against the like of Vachier-Lagrave,Caruana, Wang, Rodshtein & Giri.

After the Biel chess festival, Wesley will proceed to Amsterdam for the NH tournament (Experience vs. Raising star) to be held in NH Hotel in Amsterdam on August 11-23. The experience players will be composed of Gelfand, Ljubojevic, Nielsen, Svidler & Van Wely. While the raising star will be led by Nakamura, Caruana, Giri, Howell & So.

Wesley will then play for Board 1 for Philippines chess olympiad team to the 39th chess olympiad in Khanty Mansiysk on Sept. 19-Oct. 04.

After the Olympiad, Wesley will fly to the U.S.A. for the spice cup group A chess tournament in Texas schedule on Oct. 28-Nov. 07. Six man double round robin tournament with Onischuk, Meier,Robson, Perelshteyn, Wesley and soon to be announce six man.

In November 12-27. Wesley will lead the Philippines chess team in the 16th Asian games in Guangzhou, China."

tarikhk
BW-SugarDom wrote:

I'll persuade him, if chess.com makes a new article featuring Wesley.

do it! even better, ask him to write a few. Do writers get paid on this site?

LastImpression

What's his upcoming schedule for 2011? I've recently discovered his game and I like his potential.

Atos

Is ChessTrainor going to be accompanying Wesley ?

LastImpression
Atos wrote:

Who/what is that?

Atos
LastImpression wrote:
Atos wrote:

Who/what is that?

It is a famous personality in the world of chess coaching.

LastImpression

I see.

Any chance Wesley breaks 2700 this year?

LastImpression

Next up for young Wesley So is Wijk aan Zee, in about a week. Hopefully he prepares well for this tournament, so he can win the whole thing and join his contemporary Anish Giri and the big dogs in Group A next year.

LastImpression

drawn 2 games so far...

LastImpression

again another draw after 3 rounds...looks like he won't be able to win group B this year

LastImpression

He's within a point of leader Luke McShane with still plenty of matches left. As long as he doesn't lose a game, he's got a chance to catch up.

BTW after Wijk aan Zee comes Aeroflot within a couple of weeks. Hopefully he can perform well there too, maybe get a ticket to Dortmund by winning.

LastImpression

3 consecutive victories - vs. Ganguly, Fressinet (2707), and Navara (2708) - for a joint first with McShane and Efimenko, but the highest TPR so far.

joeyj

http://chessaccount.wordpress.com/wesley-so-2/calendar/