Forums

Who is your least favorite chess player of all time, and why?

Sort:
chessmaster102

kasparov cause hes a sore loser and was unfair to quite a few players. 

FIDE cause of how unfair they were to Susan Polgar so much so she quit competitive chess. 

OverLord_Magnetar

I hate Rybka because people think it's the best while Houdini is the best. It also got banned and all the stuff...

silentiarius

Dr. Siegbert Tarrasch for imposing rigid, mechanical, and uninspiring principles of play upon two generations of chess players while liberally violating his commandments in his own games.

Conflagration_Planet
pfren wrote:

Surely enough Misha Tal, for a very simple reason: I never, ever understood properly the way he was moving his men.

For the very same reason, he is also #1 on my list of the greatest players ever. Capablanca is a close second, although quite ironically, I can understand everything in Capa's play- I just cannot play like that myself...

Me neither. :)

goldendog
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

No no no! I won't hear it!

You're as good as Capa.

Conflagration_Planet
goldendog wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

No no no! I won't hear it!

You're as good as Capa.

I know a lot of people think so, but I humbly say not.

johnmusacha

Yeah me...its definately "Bent" Larsen.  And rumour has it that this player recieved his nickname "Bent" from all the wierd stuff he was pulling in the red light district in Copenhagen in the 70's. 

Conflagration_Planet

What kind of weird stuff?

johnmusacha

Wierd stuff that caused Fischer to totally pwn him in most of their games.

Conflagration_Planet

Weird, alright.

johnmusacha

The guy's nickname was "Bent" and he was Copenhagen, which is, as everyone knows, pretty much the Bangkok of Europe.  Figure it out yourself.

Skwerly

alekhine.

1. he beat capa :D

2. his play was astounding.

xtophr1

Myself... For obvious reasons.

Conflagration_Planet
xtophr1 wrote:

Myself... For obvious reasons.

That's cause you don't play.

AlucardII
ApexKiller wrote:

Symsylov's simplicity makes me sick..........

Smyslov - much easier to say than you made it :P I know what you mean about his play, but there was always deep thought behind what seemed like simple moves. Smyslov was a fantastic player (and I find is often under-rated today) but I - as I assume you do - prefer more aggressive, tactical players.

AlCzervik

Jonden

Conflagration_Planet

I just don't know that much about em.

lizr10

lol

vinothbabu

Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

apawndown

As far as chessplaying "style" is concerned,  my least favorite list includes Alekhine,  Emmanuel Lasker,  and Sammy Reshevsky.  Their games seem to me awfully convoluted,  difficult to understand.  (Of course that is very likely a commentary on the dullness of my own chess mind!)

On the personal character side of things,  Alekhine and Reshevsky stay near the top of my list!