Who would win?

ivandh

We often wonder how the old chess legends would fare against the top players of today. So what about two chess greats of their time, Boris vs. Fritz?

Obviously, Boris is behind on opening theory but Fritz relies on powerful computers that were not available in Boris' day. If you level the field in these two respects who do you think would win?

(this is funny btw)

oinquarki
ivandh wrote:

(this is funny btw)


Laughing

+1

ivandh
oinquarki wrote:
ivandh wrote:

(this is funny btw)


 

+1


Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

DrSpudnik

Who would win in a fight between a beaver and a porcupine?

oinquarki
ivandh wrote: Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

Wtf? What is that? - three bishops and fourteen pawns?

oinquarki
DrSpudnik wrote:

Who would win in a fight between a beaver and a porcupine?


Chuck Norris.

(ircleverlol)

ivandh
oinquarki wrote:
ivandh wrote: Well, in the past I've had threads where people didn't get it. I got half a page of people telling me not to ask for advice on a current game when I was down by 23 points.

Wtf? What is that? - three bishops and fourteen pawns?


Bishops, knight, rook, queen, and the possibility of losing the exchange as an alternative to the forced mate in 9. There may have been a discrepancy of a few pawns but it escaped my attentions. The game was one of my first with the Bongcloud and I was not accustomed to handle its potency.