Bulldog Challenge Game (Martin0 - captaintugwash)

Martin0

ok

35.Kc2

null

captaintugwash

35... Wf4

Martin0

36.Nd6

null

captaintugwash

I can't be bothered to analyse to see how disasterous this is, I'm just not going to let you capture my j-pawn under any circumstance!

36... j6

captaintugwash

sorry I meant j5, it's up to you if you enforce j6

Martin0

j6 looks like a better move than j5, so I guess j5 is fine.

37.Bh7

null

captaintugwash

Like I say, I didn't analyse. I assumed Nxb7 or Re8+.

This is now hopeless, resign

Congratulations Martin. I'm going to play better than this in our next game.

captaintugwash

The j5/j6 thing was a pure typo, I'd be annoyed if you made me play j6, even if it is better!

rychessmaster1
GG
Martin0

gg

I would have probably let you play j5 either way, but I don't mind if players want to enforce a typo as the played move. It's better to be strict rather than getting into arguments whether a player just want to change their move and say it was a typo as an excuse. I would not have let you change your mind if I had already responded to your j6 move.

(I have no doubt j6 was a pure typo, but just saying in general).

rychessmaster1
Thanks Martin, now I’m number three again😛😛😛😛
Martin0

I think this was a fairly well played game. I think some of my advantage in the opening was just because I had the white pieces. It will be interesting to see our next game with reversed colors (I assume I will be black that game).

rychessmaster1
I actually thought tug got the opening advantage, but then after Nxg2, he fell apart
Martin0

If 13...Bxg3 or 14...Bxg3 was played, then I am not so sure. But after I played 15.Qe3 it felt like my position was very comfortable.

captaintugwash

Missing the pinned pawn didn't help my cause, I thought I could free the bishop. Had I realised sooner I couldn't, I think I can make more of a fight of it by getting two pawns for the bishop. Once I took that pawn, I didn't play well. Until then, I think Martin is right and the edge he had simply came from him not losing the white advantage.

JohnHS

That was a well-fought game, Tug, but Martin0 strikes again!