Bulldog Chess with Hunter (HorribleTomato - vickalan)

captaintugwash

Oh crap, I ruined your game.

HorribleTomato
captaintugwash wrote:

Oh crap, I ruined your game.

...why?

Martin0

We all have pokerfaces here. There's no tactic grin.png

HorribleTomato
Martin0 wrote:

We all have pokerfaces here. There's no tactic 

Yeah, totally.

vickalan

Ok then checkmate:
83...Qg8#

null

vickalan

Unless someone can do some serious analysis and prove otherwise, this game was probably a theoretical draw from around move 60.

This game was originally in the Superdog tournament but I lost on time. If I never lost we may have had to play again - causing a really long delay in the tournament.😨

Thanks for playing for fun even after I lost - good game!😃

HorribleTomato

gg lol

captaintugwash

It's definitely a dead drawn position, barring blunders. How long that's been the case, idk

At a glance, I'd say 67. Kj6 looks like a contender for the drawing move. h5 looks much better, but I haven't analysed. After Kj6, I can't see how white can avoid the checks.

Martin0

One key strategy in queen endings is that you want your queen to block checks from the larger side. In this case when trying to promote the i-pawn the queen belongs on the h-file, not the j-file. Getting the queen to the h-file is actually more important than for example the d7 pawn. Pushing the pawn to i7 while the queen is still on j7 is definitely too far.

Martin0

null

Here is one example where white could improve the position of his queen with 62.Qi6 Most likely winning for white.