Bulldog Chess with Witch (Bad_Dobby_Fischer vs. JohnHS)

JohnHS

null

This is a game of Bulldog with Witch.

Game rules:
Board: 10 x 8 (see image below).
The pieces:
Guard (G) - Moves and captures like a king.

null

Witch (W) - The witch is transparent to friendly pieces, and she also makes all adjacent pieces (friend and foe) transparent to friendly pieces (but pieces are not transparent for the witch). The witch does not capture other pieces, but she can be captured. Although pieces are not transparent to the witch, she is very agile; she combines the movement of queen, knight, and can jump orthogonally and diagonally two squares. Transparency of a piece means that other pieces can move, attack, and capture right through the piece.

null

Board Setup:

null

Note the position of Black's king and queen are switched compared to classical chess. This is so the guard and witch are equal distance to each player's king and queen.

Castling:
The rules of castling are similar as in classical chess, however, with the board 10 squares wide, the king travels three squares rather than two. The rook finishes adjacent to the king. All squares between the king and the involved rook must be unoccupied, with the exception of the witch and pieces made transparent by the witch.

Misc: Pawns play the same as in classical chess. Pawns can promote to queen, rook, bishop, knight in addition to guard and witch. Promotions are unlimited (not restricted to pieces that have been captured).

Other rules of this game are identical with rules of classical chess.

Bad_Dobby_Fischer plays white.  Good luck!

Bad_Dobby_Fischer

f4

Bad_Dobby_Fischer

p.s., can you explain what you mean by "the witch can jump orthogonally"?

Bad_Dobby_Fischer

and how much time do i  have to make a move?

josephyossi

3 days plus 1 day warning

JohnHS

That means a witch can jump like a knight.  grin.png

JohnHS

f5

Bad_Dobby_Fischer

but how can she jump "orthogonally two squares"?

Bad_Dobby_Fischer

lol i'll try to play like normal chess

Ng3

josephyossi

Witchs are big stuff.

HorribleTomato

Master has presented Dobby with a sock! Dobby is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

HorribleTomato
Bad_Dobby_Fischer wrote:

queen is a witch, she can jump over the pawns (checkers), but no capture, and up/down/left/right

Bad_Dobby_Fischer
HorribleTomato wrote:
Bad_Dobby_Fischer wrote:

queen is a witch, she can jump over the pawns (checkers), but no capture, and up/down/left/right

up to 2 squares, so to g5 or h5, for example?

Bad_Dobby_Fischer
HorribleTomato wrote:

Master has presented Dobby with a sock! Dobby is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YAY

now remind me,, who's dobby again?

hitthepin
The witch could jump to g5 because that is two squares away. The witch could not jump to h5 because that is three squares away. However, if the pawn was not there the witch could slide there, as a witch can move like a queen.

Don’t worry about the confusing witch. A lot of people have come, seem how the witch moves, and have gotten totally confused. You get I after a while.
hitthepin
And Dobby is character from Harry Potter.
Bad_Dobby_Fischer
hitthepin wrote:
And Dobby is character from Harry Potter.

thanks for the witch explanation, but i was joking about the dobby question

hitthepin
Oh. I’m a chess player and I don’t understand jokes. 😉
HorribleTomato

Rub some bacon on it.

JohnHS

Demo of witch move:

2. ... Wh6

null

Your move.