Forums

Bulldog chess with Witch (Huanglz - JunyJuneBug)

Sort:
vickalan

This thread is for game #2 of "Bulldog Chess with Witch" between Huanglz and Arjun316694.

Game rules:
Board: 10 x 8 (see image below).

The pieces:
Guard (G) - Moves and captures like a king.

null

Witch (W) - The witch is transparent to friendly pieces, and she also makes all adjacent pieces (friend and foe) transparent to friendly pieces (but pieces are not transparent for the witch). The witch does not capture other pieces, but she can be captured. Although pieces are not transparent to the witch, she is very agile; she combines the movement of queen, knight, and can jump orthogonally and diagonally two squares. Transparency of a piece means that other pieces can move, attack, and capture right through the piece.

null

Board Setup:

null

Note the position of black's king and queen are switched compared to classical chess. This is so the guard and witch are equal distance to each player's king and queen.

Castling:
The rules of castling are similar as in classical chess, however, with the board 10 squares wide, the king travels three squares rather than two. The rook finishes adjacent to the king. All squares between the king and the involved rook must be unoccupied, with the exception of the witch (a witch is transparent to pieces in her own army so castling across the witch is allowed).

Other rules of this game are identical with rules of classical chess.

This is game #2 between Huanglz and Arjun, and now Huanglz plays White.happy.png

huanglz
F4
huanglz
First how old are you
vickalan

null

huanglz
Hey!
huanglz
E4
vickalan

1.f4...e6
2.e4

null

vickalan

2.e4...f5

null

huanglz
Ng3
vickalan

3.Ng3...Bh4

null

huanglz
e5
vickalan

null

vickalan

4.e5...Ne7

null

huanglz
I3
vickalan

null

huanglz
Who is Junyjunebug
vickalan

I updated the topic name with JunyJuneBug (much easier to remember than Arjun316694).happy.png

I'll update the zombie game later. Board update:

5.i3...Bi5

null

huanglz
H4
vickalan

6.h4...Bh6

null

huanglz
Bd4