Bulldog with Witch: JohnHS vs. Waredude

JohnHS

null

26. Rxf8+

Waredude
Noice. Kh6. To think I thought I had a chance.
Waredude

Yes and yes

JohnHS

27. ixh4

You did have a chance.  In fact, I wasn't an immense fan of my position.  I still expected to win, but I wasn't sure.  One wrong move from either of us, and we would have lost.  Fortunately for me, you blinked first. wink.png

Waredude

I felt the same way. Only unfortunately more unfortunate than you. Unfortunately. 

Waredude

Rxg2

JohnHS

null

28. Rf2

JohnHS

I need this win though.  I'm going for 11th player ever to break 1400, and evert is not cooperating with my rating surge.  And I have to play Holo soon (probably).

Waredude

I was like fifteen away from being one of the first to 1400. Now I am spiraling down to what my actual rating would be. 

Waredude

Rg3

JohnHS

29. Kh2

I think my rating, as it currently stands, is about accurate.  If I beat you, I'll be above Tugwash and McGoohan, and lose to evert, I'll be 1375 (below them again).  That's right about where I should be.  If I beat evert, however, I'll be 1475, nearing TGA.  Then I would have gone from being severely underrated to severely overrated.

And if I beat Holo (very unlikely at this point, but if, by some miracle) ... 1527!  4th player ever to break 1500.  But that would be ridiculous.

Waredude

Rxf3

JohnHS

... ?  Either I'm missing something really obvious, or you just hung your rook.

null

30. Rxf3

Waredude

I missed something obviously. Resign a thousand times over. Is toopid to keep playing. 

JohnHS

Good game!  You were doing really well until the end.  And once one thing goes downhill, so does everything else.  E.g.: my game with Holo.  Also my game with Martin.  And Juney.  And both with ry.  And ...

Waredude
All my games.
rychessmaster1
And everyone who played martin0
JasonGrace2017

It's funny to see Ry bring old forums back to life

JohnHS

He's even bringing dead players, such as myself, back to life.

rychessmaster1
JasonGrace2017 wrote:

It's funny to see Ry bring old forums back to life

How did you even find this? You don't play bulldog