Forums

Does 960 make you better?

Sort:
Robbie960

I have been playing quite a few of 960 games lately. With the jumbled board I have to really bear down analyzing positions and lines of attack. I think it is making me a better player. Anybody else sensed that?

Robbie960

Should be "does"...I'm a lousy typist!!!

i0NE

haha....No doubt RobbieWink

mahalo321

If you have analytical skills it will improve them.  Often, after 10 moves or so, the board looks like regular chess.

Eseles
hrobert5 wrote:

Should be "does"...I'm a lousy typist!!!

Don't worry, you can edit the posts you've made if you like ;)

Robbie960

@ Eseles:

how do you edit title though?Frown

Eseles
hrobert5 wrote:

@ Eseles:

how do you edit title though?

From your Home page under the topics at "My recent activity", click "Manage all Content" on the right corner, then Edit the topic you want

Robbie960

Got it, thanks!

zazen5

Of course 960 makes you a better player!  All the opening nonsense waste of time goes out the window!!!  I would only play regular chess if no other option was available or if forced at gunpoint.  There is too much opening theory and therefore the smarter player doesnt always win.  So the game is pretty lame and boring.  This is why I play Go(wei chi) and chess960 so this opening nonsense preparation is eliminated.

ConnorMacleod_151

Yes !!!

I wish 960 was introduced into live chess on this site.

Standard chess can get boring :(

i0NE

Wow I didn't know we can edit the topic too, thanks Eseles :)

Eseles
ConnorMacleod_151 wrote:

I wish 960 was introduced into live chess on this site.

That would be great imo, and i think chesscom plans to implement it in the future! :)

@hrobert5 & rio_boi10: you're welcome :)

Robbie960

I like 960 and I like Live Chess...but I think 960 Live would be chaos!

i0NE

I knew you crazy @ 960, i still remember the first 960 u told me, lack of confident and look at you now......wow....Wink

Robbie960

I'm not really crazy..but I am a carrier!

mahalo321

You'll get a lot of good ideas about playing 960 from Chess Network's live blitz with commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-0K8tP3yzU

i0NE

Lol....xthread, really nothing complaint about you lol....

Robbie960

well...I'm trying 960 again; let's see if I do any better!?

CoenJones

i wish live chess had more timing options e.g. 5 minutes for first 30 moves followed by 10 minutes for next 50 moves followed by 5 minutes

Robbie960

I wish I had time to play live standard games at all; I get SO frustrated with people who are clearly beaten and still drag out a turn-based game for days.