Super-dog Semi-Final (Martin0 - HorribleTomato)

rychessmaster1
Ok maybe not super strong but after BxB PxB Gc7 black still is better
rychessmaster1
There is also Bd5(threatening Ne4)
Martin0

11.QxQ is like saying he wants my king to be active in an endgame instead of saying he wants my king to be weak in the center in the middlegame.

The player ahead in development and a safe king should not be worried about keeping the queens on the board. tongue.png

Martin0

Unless black has any trick Gc7 is not possible since you leave your a-pawn undefended.

rychessmaster1
True, but I would have done it because it would have been an easier draw😝
HorribleTomato

see after Wf4 if you moved your queen (and here I missed Nf5, of course) I would have mate on f1, or get a queen for a rook and bishop.

Martin0

That is true, but if I did not have Nf5, then I would not have gone for the Gh1,Gg2 maneuver. Maybe 13.Kh1, not exactly sure.

vickalan

Whoa! I've been so busy with the Big-dog tournament I didn't even notice this game was finished.

This means @Martin0 will be playing @captaintugwash in the Final game for the Super-dog tournament. Medals will be presented later today. Great game!!😃

captaintugwash

I think both myself and Martin would prefer to just play one game at a time against each other, so is it ok to wait until our current game is done before we play our Big-dog final?

vickalan

Sorry for the delay in presenting medals:

null
The Super-dog tournament Champion Game will be @Martin0 vs @captaintugwash! (I'll check game history in tournament to see who gets White).

Updates on this tournament are interspersed in (this thread). I'll post an update to the bracket soon.happy.png

vickalan
captaintugwash wrote:

I think both myself and Martin would prefer to just play one game at a time against each other, so is it ok to wait until our current game is done before we play our Big-dog final?

I agree, already being in a game with the same opponent is a good reason to schedule the game for later. I'll follow the (challenge game) to help decide when the Tug vs Martin Final should be scheduled.happy.png

Martin0

Yep, it might take a while before the finals happen.

rychessmaster1
TUGWASH GETS WHITE
rychessmaster1

This TOMATO, THIS

HorribleTomato

Oh... yeah/