17,000 People Per Day?

CRYYSIS

¡¡

52yrral

Just forget it like the people from Amnesia

Marie-AnneLiz
RW63 a écrit :

How many types of live games are there? Many, however in many cases you may wait quite a while before the system can find an opponent in  your range.

Most people play regular chess, either 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 1|1, 2|1, 3|2.

For many other games (45|45, 15|10, 5|5, 20 min, 30 min, 60 min) you'll have to wait quite a while to get an opponent, because most users aren't even aware that these games exist.

And try to find an opponent for a 30-second bullet game - you may have to wait for 30 minutes or more.

If there truly were 60,000 to 90,000 players online at all times, this would be very different.

I never waited long for a 30 min game here...less than 30 sec.

52yrral

30 minutes is not a bullet game.

Marie-AnneLiz
52yrral a écrit :

30 minutes is not a bullet game.

your comment: "For many other games (45|45, 15|105|5, 20 min, 30 min, 60 min) you'll have to wait quite a while to get an opponent, because most users aren't even aware that these games exist."

52yrral

sure

52yrral

let me know if you need more! I found Socks' hidden freezer!!

woofydog105
52yrral wrote:

let me know if you need more! I found Socks' hidden freezer!!

I have found his secret *burp* catnip *WOOF WOOF WOOF* stash

52yrral

I sure hope that wasn't a catnip *burp* woofy !

woofydog105
52yrral wrote:

I sure hope that wasn't a catnip *burp* woofy !

oh yeah and pparently WHOA! *falls down* *weakly* he infuses his *ugh* fish with it as well

52yrral

oy  vey!

RW63
Marie-AnneLiz wrote:

I think you need to re-read what I wrote, Marie-AnneLiz.

When it comes to the following games: 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 1|1, 2|1, 3|2, usually the wait is 5 to 25 seconds.

But ehn you are looking for an opponent for one of the following games: 45|45, 15|10, 5|5, 20 min, 30 min, 60 min) you'll likely have to wait quite a while to find an opponent.

The most extreme case is if you are looking for a 30-second bullet game, because it's almost impossible to find an opponent.

RW63
RonaldJosephCote wrote:

My point?..... Since reading comprehension is not your forte, I'll walk you through it slowly. RW63 asked if Chess.com would provide a breakdown of the 31 million members by country. I said they won't do that. He said.."that is truly pathetic".

I'm sure they reveal that info to anyone who wants to advertise on chess.com . Most websites that have members from all over the world provide this info. What's the big deal?

Marie-AnneLiz
RW63 a écrit :
Marie-AnneLiz wrote:

I think you need to re-read what I wrote, Marie-AnneLiz.

When it comes to the following games: 1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 1|1, 2|1, 3|2, usually the wait is 5 to 25 seconds.

But ehn you are looking for an opponent for one of the following games: 45|45, 15|10, 5|5, 20 min, 30 min, 60 min) you'll likely have to wait quite a while to find an opponent.

The most extreme case is if you are looking for a 30-second bullet game, because it's almost impossible to find an opponent.

I must have played 75+ 30 min games in the last 3 weeks and i never wait more than 25 sec....most under 15 sec....and 1 game at 60 min and i did wait maybe 20 sec...

Optimissed
SnowyTheWolf wrote:

So, I noticed that chess.com said that 17,000 people have joined today (past 24 hours) and... I just wanted to say, that is 1 person joining every 5 seconds. I calculated by looking up how many seconds are in a day (86,400), and then I divided it by 17,000 (which there have actually been 17,223 new people in the last 24 hours) and it came out to be 4.98... that's in between 4.9 and 5.0 seconds! So, I know not many of those people will STAY active... but 17,000 new members? That is quite unbelievable and I feel like it's a flaw. 

Last thing. There used to be average of 10,000 to 12,000 new members a day over a year ago. That still is 1 person joining every 7 to 8 seconds!

I rest my case: either chess.com's numbers are wrong, I am going insane, or soon everyone over 6-years-old will be on chess.com whether they're active or not.>>~~

By extrapolation, it can be proven that already, 232.475589% of the World's population are members.