Forums

Advertisments while logged in as a premium memeber???

Sort:
malloc

I am a premium member and as such I was under the impression that I would not be presented with advertisements when logged in however i am seeing one on the main page.

ideas???

Nytik

That doesn't really count. How much of your time do you spend on the main page?

If you weren't a premium member, you'd have multiple adverts on every page you visit.

malloc

I go to the main page everyday a couple of times usually for the puzzle of the day, the opening of the day, the poll and sometimes the articles listed there.

Yea I didn't use to be a premium member and I was inundated with ads then.

Nytik

From the premium upgrade page:

---

No Ads!!

Premium Members will not see any external ads on Chess.com (other than the main homepage) and will see very few internal ads (announcing new products and services).

---

The emphasis is my own.

erik

very very occassionally we will have a chess-related ad only on the homepage for everyone.

for example, after thanksgiving and up through christmas we will likely have some chess-related ads on the homepage. that is when chess vendors are starting to advertize.

i hope nobody is offended by that :)

Traepoint

home page advert is ok.  Anywhere else would be frowned upon.

malloc

Thanks for clearing it up :)

BigOto
erik wrote:

very very occassionally we will have a chess-related ad only on the homepage for everyone.

for example, after thanksgiving and up through christmas we will likely have some chess-related ads on the homepage. that is when chess vendors are starting to advertize.

i hope nobody is offended by that :)

As long as you make more money out of it.

anonym

As I said in other thread, I am very disappointed to discover that freedom from advertisements is no longer a benefit of premium membership. Hmmm...if I downgrade my diamond membership to "free", I can still play in Patzer's thematic tournaments...and when I am reimbursed for the unused portion of my diamond membership, I'll invest in a really first-class House of Staunton set...for Christmas, you know, hype hype hype

erik
anonym wrote:

As I said in other thread, I am very disappointed to discover that freedom from advertisements is no longer a benefit of premium membership. Hmmm...if I downgrade my diamond membership to "free", I can still play in Patzer's thematic tournaments...and when I am reimbursed for the unused portion of my diamond membership, I'll invest in a really first-class House of Staunton set...for Christmas, you know, hype hype hype

From http://www.chess.com/membership.html

---

No Ads!!

Premium Members will not see any external ads on Chess.com (other than the main homepage) and will see very few internal ads (announcing new products and services).

anonym

I understand. I know you have got to do what you have got to do in the best interests of the site.

BigOto
anonym wrote:

I understand. I know you have got to do what you have got to do in the best interests of the site.

You will see WAY more ads with a free membership.