Forums

Android

Sort:
WiJi

Playing with the Android app alot. I see it has been updated in design too & contrary to my opinion of the web version, the new app is an improvement. But there are some faults in it. Two that I have noticed playing just now

- in turn based play, after making a move you dont get to the next table even if I've to do so in the settings menu

- in games with more then 40 moves, the move button doesn't appear and I cant move (I've noticed this in a 60+moves game)

please adjust thes two and it will even be a better app.Thanks!

probablymore will follow

WiJi

ps. when after playing turnbased I want to go to the live play I get message Service is not available and get logged ut and have to log in beore I can play live chess games. needs attention i guess

DeepGreene

Thank you for this! I've reported to development & we'll look into it ASAP!

Conflagration_Planet
DeepGreene wrote:

How about my membership question?

DeepGreene
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
DeepGreene wrote:

Referred to folks who understand that angle better than I! :)

DeepGreene
WiJi wrote:

- in games with more then 40 moves, the move button doesn't appear and I cant move (I've noticed this in a 60+moves game)

Question on this one: How do you know the problem starts at 40 moves? This was in online chess I assume?

Conflagration_Planet
DeepGreene wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
DeepGreene wrote:

Referred to folks who understand that angle better than I! :)

Thanks. It's fixed.

DeepGreene
valentijnraw wrote:

after the latest update, i cant resign turn based games anymore..

Hmm.. What game were you trying to resign? Was it your turn or the other player's?

DeepGreene
WiJi wrote:

- in turn based play, after making a move you dont get to the next table even if I've to do so in the settings menu

Ok, we have a fix for this... Thanks again for the report.

TonyH

As a note it also helps developers if you post the type/model/OS  you have as well.

WiJi

Good tip: I used android 4 on asus tablet prime.

When will an updatebeinstallen still a tabletbeginner here..

TonyH wrote:

As a note it also helps developers if you post the type/model/OS  you have as well.

WiJi

Ihave exactlythe same problem , butwasalso in old version i think.

The 40 move problem is the max of moves on the screen if you place tablet wide. IF I place screenlike aphone it oes work i just found out.still annoyingyou have to turnthe screen to make a move

(Typing on atablet isreally frustrating!)

DeepGreene wrote:

valentijnraw wrote:

after the latest update, i cant resign turn based games anymore..

Hmm.. What game were you trying to resign? Was it your turn or the other player's?

Gazmanus

The bit I don't like about the Android app is that when you play your turn, before you "submit" it, the text part of the screen tells you notifies you about whether the move you are making is checkmate before you've actually confirmed it. Sure I should know but if a phone can tell me, it's not the vibe of the FIDE rules. 

DeepGreene
valentijnraw wrote:

it was my turn. i have had it several times already. so it must be a bug or something

We got it.. It will be fixed in the next update - coming shortly. Thanks for the report.

DeepGreene

We have submitted a new version to the Market, with fixes for several issues: Inability to resign, several force-close issues, access to Live, etc.)

Please let us know if you encounter other issues!

gr68

The new design is really great, but I miss some earlier versions features as highlighted last move and captured piece list.

Sred

Not a bug, but a request for enhancement: in the analysis screen, I really miss the "current position" button that is available in the normal web app.

Sred
valentijnraw wrote:

@ sred, there is a button, it is the same as analyze itself.

No valentijnraw, that's not the same, since it will delete the currently analysed variation.

DeepGreene
Sred wrote:
valentijnraw wrote:

@ sred, there is a button, it is the same as analyze itself.

No valentijnraw, that's not the same, since it will delete the currently analysed variation.

Good suggestion. The analysis board "reset" button in iOS has the same flaw.

DeepGreene

We're still getting a few reports from users who still can't accept open challenges via the app... True for you?