Avoid careless blunders/mistakes

Sort:
BoobsGalore

BUMP

Thanks for the insight wafflemaster, karate, and theunsjb

karatekitte

You're welcome Mr. Galore!

MrKornKid

My problem is I never look at the whole board.  Well, I do for the most part but with a closed board and a bishop in the corner on one end sometimes I don't see those attacks coming.

BoobsGalore

Hahaha me too ^^ I always miss those super long range attacks from the Bishop. 

GrandmasterMan

I think it helps to have a healthy persecution complex....if you are worried about what your opponent is up to, then it certainly is a step in the right direction. I'm too careless by half....lashing out with weakening moves thinking I'm getting the initiative, only to pay for it later.  

quazi_farhan
BoobsGalore wrote:

My blunders seem to come mainly from long-range attacks 
especially innocent-looking ones where they recapture a piece but it actually creates an additional threat as well... 

I firmly believe if a person avoids careless blunders that are part of human error, our ratings would increase by a good 200-300 points. So many games have been lost due to this. 

1) Time pressure is a crucial point.
2) Moving too quickly
3) Not observing the whole board
4) Not asking yourself some basic questions

How do you guys train to avoid them? How do I stop getting caught by LONG-RANGE attacks? What are your ideas or methods? Thanks 

Great advice. I mostly overlook long range attack and most of the time my queen die due to overlook

Smodge9999

My blunders are always in defence. Chess is a very unforgiving game. One must offence and defence equally to be any good at the game. Sometimes I want to give chess because of this element of the game. :horror :thinker :scream :facepalm

Muffinator69420
Nice
walpoledel

Why do I lose my queen placing it where I did not intend to ?

Reasura

Just don't blunder. It's that easy.

ChessBobYash

I have been in the same situation in the past, constantly blundering. However, ChessMood's FREE course taught by grandmasters has taught me how to play the game more patiently and some valuable tricks on how to not blunder all the time.

You can join now for FREE:

https://chessmood.com/?r=NationalChessBlasters

Good luck on your journey!

Regalbeginning

Focus

Reasura

It's easy.