Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

  • #661

    staplja1  The same as you did in the old format.  There is a problem with videos for some of us, it wont download utube.  I can download images. Videos, I still cant.  They are aware of the problem and are going to fix it soon.   At least thats what I have heard.  Some of us can download videos and some of us still cant.  Hope this was helpful...


  • #662
    Dwf49 wrote:

    I cant find the daily puzzle? It a premium feature now? Thanks again for keeping a free version this is so great!!!

    It's at the top of your homepage under the tab, " Learn "  Click on that and look in the first colum, it's right under Computer workout....

  • #663
    chess_kebabs wrote:

    Summit wrong there. 

    Ha good one!

    It sounds like some premature Summittime fun!

  • #664

    I vote for the old design.  Its a bothersome trend that many website developers seem to think "different" is "better."   Changing the UI design is annoying, and such changes should only be made if the user can optionally return to the old UI.   

  • #665

    how can i find, view and edit my pictures in my profile? i asked another member to look and they are still there but i cant seem to access them

  • #666

    http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile.html

    Two ways to get there:

    1. Click on your avatar in the upper-left corner of your Home page

    2. Home menu > Account > Edit Profile

  • #667
    DeepGreene wrote:
    DaveyJonesArrr wrote:

    Appolgies if this has been asked before, but I don't have time so sift through 35 pages of mostly nonsense. All I want to know is if I'm the only fool who can't see my own games in the game explorer.

    No you're not the only one. :)

    The good news is that A. we're working on it, and B. when it comes back, it will include data from your career in Live Chess as well.

    Cool, thanks!

  • #668
    DeepGreene wrote:

    http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile.html

    Two ways to get there:

    1. Click on your avatar in the upper-left corner of your Home page

    2. Home menu > Account > Edit Profile

     

    thanks but that is not the page i want to edit, i want the page that has my video, quotes and pics

  • #669
    staplja1 wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

    http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile.html

    Two ways to get there:

    1. Click on your avatar in the upper-left corner of your Home page

    2. Home menu > Account > Edit Profile

     

    thanks but that is not the page i want to edit, i want the page that has my video, quotes and pics

    If the page in question starts with a "Desiderata" video and quotations, starting with one from Gandhi, then the page I directed you to above is the correct one. Look for the editor widget towards the bottom of Edit Profile.

  • #670
    DeepGreene wrote:
    staplja1 wrote:
    DeepGreene wrote:

    http://www.chess.com/home/edit_profile.html

    Two ways to get there:

    1. Click on your avatar in the upper-left corner of your Home page

    2. Home menu > Account > Edit Profile

     

    thanks but that is not the page i want to edit, i want the page that has my video, quotes and pics

    If the page in question starts with a "Desiderata" video and quotations, starting with one from Gandhi, then the page I directed you to above is the correct one. Look for the editor widget towards the bottom of Edit Profile.

    i imagine by now you guys are ready to smack me  (and i cant blame you) but i just tried looking with explorer instead of FireFox that i always use and i can see desiderata and the quotes with explorer in the little white window but in FireFox desiderata does not show up but the quotes are there so i am closer. does all the editing have to be done in that little message box like this one or can i make it full screen and still work with it? i am not sure if you were aware you have compatibility issues with FireFox.

    thanks for your help and not strangling me

  • #671

    @stap - Hi there, hope you got your problems taken care of with Firefox.  I just read your comments about it all and I have to tell ya.. I have used Firefox since it came out,but have recently switched to Google Crome, at the advice of a friend, and I do have less problems. 

    I give up on Firefox, for awhile. Smile

  • #672

    Was sort of curious, what is the "unlock all of chess.com" about? Is that about security?  

  • #673

    That icon links to the membership page - it's mostly for basic members who wish to upgrade so that they can get all the perks of a paid Chess.com membership.  :)

  • #674

    OH, d'oh! Makes sense ,Zaiger, thanks!  Also, may I ask, why is it that meebo is covered up in games so the chat can't be used during a games, unless the game is closed? Perhaps  there's a setting I'm missing?

  • #675

    it seem you have a glitch (correction Smile) in the vote chess, Team comments is missing, I am using Chrome.

  • #676
    kco wrote:

    it seem you have a cliche (sp?) in the vote chess, Team comments is missing, I am using Chrome.

     

    I'm not sure what you mean by "cliche" there, but apart from the accent (cliché), the spelling is perfect. Wink 

    I've reported the bug also, & we'll fix ASAP!

  • #677

    What happened to the search members bar in the teams area.  Along with the window bar for date joined, and, highest rated and so on?  

  • #678

    Was kco going for "glitch?"

  • #679
    motherinlaw wrote:

    Was kco going for "glitch?"

    LOL yes that the one ! oh dear Embarassed

  • #680

    Glad to help --- DeepGreene is probably a chess genius, Cool, while I, on the other hand, am Obviously a Language/Communication Genius!!  Wink  ( --- as far as you know --- Wink)

or Join

Online Now