Forums

Chat Banning

Sort:
FreshKilla

A rule to ban players from chat for using swear words such as, "bitch" is lame. How do you expect to have a mature website if you can't say swear words, is this elementary school or the internet? It may be a board game, but it's a competitive board game. A bit of trash talk isn't allowed in a private chat room...what is this Runescape? Is the age limite eight years old minimum or am I playing with mature adults here.

My suggestion is to put in a chat filter, it would let the kids leave the game nice and clean and let the adults play like adults.

waffllemaster

Well "freshkilla" you can't expect everyone to be able to be as much of an adult as you are Laughing

Seraphimity

safety first

AlCzervik

Crap. I thought this was runescape.

browni3141

This is a "family" site, and I'm pretty sure that's not going to change. I think the filter should be disabled if both players want it to be though.

FreshKilla
browni3141 wrote:

This is a "family" site, and I'm pretty sure that's not going to change. I think the filter should be disabled if both players want it to be though.

Sure, I know tons of families who sit around the computer all day and watch their children play chess.

MatchStickKing

If you're idea of calling someone a bitch is grown up then you need to get out and amongst adults with an IQ over 80 for a while.

Wolfbird

Hmmm, I thought being a mature adult meant knowing that trash talk and calling people names was childish...

FreshKilla
MatchStickKing wrote:

If you're idea of calling someone a bitch is grown up then you need to get out and amongst adults with an IQ over 80 for a while.

Even though I'm sure you're a 40 year old virgin hermit, trash talk isn't as childish as you may think, at least in the US. That's the problem with Europe, full of french people.

ivandh

umadbro?

netzach

No point whinging.

If you enjoy trash-talking and calling opponents ''bitches'' then you will get slapped.

With a ban.

ivandh

And then he'll be embarrassed as his whole family watches him cry.

FreshKilla

No, I'm not mad, bro. Slap me with a ban. Get off your computer and stand in the sun while you're at it for once.

GenghisCant

Awww, how cute. See, you've found a trash talk buddy.

Sunofthemorninglight

right you two, we want a good clean fight. no biting ears, no catching noses, no sniffing hindies, oh! and you can type anything you want that we approve of. go!

Mr-Flood
[COMMENT DELETED]
GenghisCant
edda12345 wrote:

got the scots above wading in!.....................watch out, they wear dresses!

Us Northerners, kept them at bay back in the day :)

Only on a Saturday night ;)

JamieKowalski

There are millions of sites all over the internet where it's perfectly fine to use whatever language you want. Stick to those.

netzach

Are they American sites Jamie?