Forums

Chess Movie!!!

Sort:
DanielRensch

Calling all Chess Enthusiasts in the greater Los Angeles California area Laughing!!!

David and I will be there helping direct the movie (at least the chess parts Wink)...

texasaboy

nice

Procellous

I'll mention this at the UCLA chess club meeting. Sounds like an awesome opportunity.

DanielRensch

@Samsch - Have I ever lied to you before? Tongue Out

Wait, I probably have... BUT I am NOT lying this time Wink!!!

Danny

royaljelly

Danny,  I think you need a dancing, 8 y.o. "WarriorKid".  Wink - ?

batgirl

What does it pay?

pdela
batgirl escribió:

What does it pay?

It is not for the money, material girl

pdela

It is very strange that it is written "featuring an Academy Award-winner actor" but his name doesn't appear anywhere, is this a hoax?

ContemplativeCat

I was hoping that they would film Queen's Gambit after all. From what I understand the project pretty much died with Heath Ledger.  :(

Rasparovov
batgirl wrote:

What does it pay?

lol are you kidding me?

RaleighRaine

Interesting...

DanielRensch

No pdela, it's not a hoax, they just can't list his name for his security (and because they don't want people to know). David and I have already taught him chess Wink...

BatGirl, it's not for pay, that's why it's called being an "extra". Anyone who wants the experience and a chance to be in the movie...

Danny

RichColorado

If they can they use a 74 years old? I am ready.

I sent them an e-mail.

Scottrf

Surely the possibility of meeting Danny is reward enough.

fburton

Free coffee too, I'm sure.

batgirl
ACEChess wrote:

BatGirl, it's not for pay, that's why it's called being an "extra". Anyone who wants the experience and a chance to be in the movie...

Danny

It doesn't say "extra."  (not that I'm under 25, live in California, or even know what "extra" means had it said that.)

plutonia

I don't get why you need to be a chess player to act the part of a chess player. Surely the moves will already be part of the script?

Scottrf

Have you ever seen non-chess-players move pieces?

pdela
ACEChess escribió:

No pdela, it's not a hoax, they just can't list his name for his security (and because they don't want people to know). David and I have already taught him chess ...

You and David taught him chess? uhhhhh... it is gonna be very freaky to watch him say I'm going "ouch-town", "davidelicious" or that kind of things, you guys say. I would have hired serious teachers....(aside: instead of a couple of weirdos), cough... cough... Sorry, I got a cold.

So like I said, best of lucks, you sure have done a wonderful job, have a blast!

Scottrf

I can see it now, really tense final position, one of the players carefully considering the combination he's visualised, plays his moves while announcing:

"Checkarooski" "checkalicious" "checkalinalashlamba" "and mate."